Author Topic: Jetways At JFK  (Read 6917 times)

jetlover1118

Jetways At JFK
« on: February 29, 2012, 07:13:39 pm »
This is a strange problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled JFK from a fresh download to fix another problem. With that problem fixed, i started FSX and loaded JFK and found the Jetways were not there.What makes it odd to me is none of my other fsdt airports were affected like they sometimes are. During the uninstalled, i chose the option to uninstall everything and then reinstalled.

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways At JFK
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
Jetways are in the AFCAD so, they can be excluded by another AFCAD for JFK. Or, if you have AES, check if everything it's ok with it.

jetlover1118

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:10:57 pm »
Thanks. I had to reinstall AES and reposition it at the top of the FSX scenery config file. Jetways are back at JFK.

Alex

AFavors

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:47 am »
I'm having the same problem, but at all my airports ie: JFK, LAS, DFW, ORD. I had to updatE AES, actually just allowed FSX to move to the top of scenary file. Then all of my buildings disappeared. As this is a familiar problem, I deleted the scenaries, standalone manager, and couatl. I then redownloaded all. restarted fsx and the bui9ldings are  back. however the jetways are missing (except aor a few) even those that are there, they have no gate at the end of them. I have both the addon manager, and the coutl engine in the add-ons menu. AES basepack at the top of the scenary file. an updated stand alone addon manager. But still doesn't fix the problem. The addon manager was downloaded last of all the scenaries. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated

Aaron
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:19:08 pm »
This was explained many times already, but I'll say it again:

JETWAY are not handled by the Addon Manager AT ALL! In fact, if you *remove* both the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, so you are sure they wont' run, the ONLY thing left in the scenery, will be exactly the jetways.

So please, don't waste your time trying to fix a disappearing jetways problem, by reinstalling anything related to the Addon Manager, because you are *really* just wasting your time for something that is not even remotely connected to that.

The ONLY thing that can cause a jetway to disappear is another .BGL that has explicitly excluded it, which can be:

- Another AFCAD in conflict for the same airport, but that's usually manifests with default buildings showing through as well.

- A problem with the AES installation, this is more likely the case if you are missing JUST the jetways, but everything else is looking normal.

Dimon

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 12:38:06 am »
Having the same problem working with ADE. Every time I modify the airport and export the file into Addon Scenery/Scenery directory, the jetways disapear from ADE. Haven't install AES yet
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 10:53:50 am »
That's exactly what I've said, jetways can be excluded only by a .BGL, which is what you are doing when working with ADE.

There's a longstanding bug in FSX related to exclusion zones: if you put a large exclusion zone made with ADE to exclude everything belonging to other sceneries, it works but Jetways and Effects of your OWN scenery will be excluded too. The solution is to create many small excludes instead of a large one.

That's why it's difficult to create a scenery that can safely exclude *everything* below its level: an large exclude will end up excluding the jetways and the effect of that scenery too, so excludes will need to tailored for every scenery possible without touching jetways, that's why conflicts with 3rd party sceneries must be solved by removing the affecting AFCAD, since most developers will only tailor their exclude zones to exclude the default AFCAD.

Dimon

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »
Actually, an installation of the AES solved the problem forever. i hope this trick (AES) will work with other FSDT sceneries.

Quick question - if one day I decide to use GSX with your KJFK, should I get rid of AES?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Dimon

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:52 pm »
Hello? :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:02 am »
There are several messages about the interaction with GSX and AES, you mostly need to act on AES, since GSX doesn't start anything on its own until you select some operation, while AES make its objects as soon as you open its menu, which makes it more tricky. However, it's best if you follow the discussion in the other threads, with suggestions from actual AES users.