Author Topic: Addon manager install problem  (Read 3497 times)

tutmeister

Addon manager install problem
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »
I have PHNL, LSZG, JFK and KORD installed. I downloaded and installed GSX. This is when it first came out and I haven't had time to troubleshoot until now really, so unfortunately I can't remember specifics. But I have downloaded and reinstalled the standalone addon manager; however, I get issues each time where it says "there was a problem updating some sceneries, please try again later."

I don't remember where it got stuck before, but today's attempt has it stuck at "Removing file AP_LSGG.BGL" and the line below it reads "DELETE command received." The install timeline turned from blue to yellow with the popup error as described above. The thing is, I don't have LSGG installed to my knowledge, so of course it's getting stuck trying to uninstall it.

The other issue is I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I rely on satellite internet that is notorious for packet loss. So installers that must connect to the internet struggle with timeout values that are set too low for my connection to complete the tcp/ip handshake. It did update bglmanx.dll and a couple of the BGL's, so I don't think that is the issue here (but am listing it FYI) and I have had my sceneries working OK before I installed GSX, so basic faultfinding points the finger to when I installed GSX. Removing GSX doesn't solve the issue though. Now, basically whenever I start FSX I get a popup saying Couatl has encountered and unrecoverable error and will be restarted (but it just crashes again, probably because the standalone manager has not been able to reinstall completely?). The error log has the following:

Code: [Select]
couatl v2.0 (build 2307)
panic log started on Sun Apr 22 09:26:26 2012
Executable integrity compromised

I checked the forum for this and my FSX.exe is not compromised. I have run a full AV and malware scan. I am running a legit copy, no cracked executable. So any help appreciated. Obviously, I have no buildings showing if I kill the couatl.exe process, which I currently have to do every time I load FSX.

tutmeister

Re: Addon manager install problem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »
OK, hold on. I have ATI tools running, so I have just disabled that and am now running a reinstall of the latest SA addon manager.

Edit: Same issue occurs without ATI tools running, so I'm back to the original statement I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:42:15 pm by tutmeister »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:03 pm »
Edit: Same issue occurs without ATI tools running, so I'm back to the original statement I'm afraid.

If, with "same issue", you mean the "Executable integrity compromised", either you haven't properly remove the ATI Tools utility, or you have something else installed which we don't know of, which is behaving in the same invasive way of the ATI Tray Tools, attaching to each and every process running as a global hook, which is very dangerous in itself and a questionable practice.

I'm sorry, but even the ATI Tray Tools issue was found by trial and error so, if you are really sure is not running anymore, you will need to find what else you have installed that is behaving in a similar way.

The only thing sure, it's not an "Addon Manager installer problem", by it's clearly something that another product you have installed is DOING something on the Couatl.exe file. Could also be an antivirus, anti-spyware, etc.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:10:44 pm by virtuali »

tutmeister

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 11:18:22 pm »
OK, thank you Umberto. I will endeavor to find out what is hooking onto the executable and get back to you with any info.