Author Topic: Frozen Lights  (Read 3078 times)

johnny_gitara

Frozen Lights
« on: February 07, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
Hello guys!
1 . What I noticed last night after updating GSX, is that all the flashing lights on holding points and runway approach lights at LAX are frozen. No, i I didn't reinstall the airport again. Any ideas?
2. Why do I have to reinstall addonmanager every other day in order to see buildings at your airports? It is annoying to be honest. It's working one day, then gone the next day. ??? can't you do something with that couatl engine? and i see there is a lot of people with the same issue. i doubt that we all have faulty pcs.

Thanks.

Ivan Majetić

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Frozen Lights
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:15:03 pm »
1 . What I noticed last night after updating GSX, is that all the flashing lights on holding points and runway approach lights at LAX are frozen.

We'll check this.

2. Why do I have to reinstall addonmanager every other day in order to see buildings at your airports?

You don't, you need to do this only if you reinstall the scenery so, the question is, why do you want to reinstall the scenery every other day ?

You simply have to understand there's usually no need to reinstall the scenery, because the Addon Manager is able to fix everything in the INSTALLED sceneries that need to be fixed/updated, the mistakes starts when you install a scenery using an older installer *after* GSX or the Addon Manager. In THIS case, you will need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager or GSX after the scenery.

When we'll updated all the scenery installers, this won't be necessary, but you will still have to redownload all the scenery installers so, it's surely easier than just reinstall the Addon Manager, then redownload all the scenery installers.

It's working one day, then gone the next day. ??? can't you do something with that couatl engine? and i see there is a lot of people with the same issue. i doubt that we all have faulty pcs.

Of all the people that had issues, and they were all fixed, none was made by modifying the Couatl engine, the cause was always something in their configuration, either the antivirus or system libraries, but none of the problems that were *FIXED* required any change to the files so far.

Thanks.

Ivan Majetić
[/quote]