Author Topic: couatl.exe  (Read 3082 times)

wb2002

couatl.exe
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:00 am »
I searched but could not find answer. How many instances/references of "couatl.exe" should be in my FSX.CFG file?
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »
I searched but could not find answer. How many instances/references of "couatl.exe" should be in my FSX.CFG file?

It's nothing you have to worry about.

That items in the fsx.cfg indicates only that you trusted a specific version of a program once, so FSX will not ask you again in case that version it's being launched.

It doesn't have anything to do with the actual launching process, the file that stores which modules are run it's the EXE.XML (or DLL.XML) file, and there's always one line for each program, and even if there were more (for example, if you edit the file manually), the Couatl.exe is smart enough to check is not being launched twice.

If you uninstall any FSDT product and reply Yes to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine?" all the Couatl lines in the FSX.CFG will be removed, not that this makes any difference in running FSX, but just to ensure that the module is not running because you mistakenly un-trusted so, cleaning the FSX.CFG would allow you another chance to trust it.