Author Topic: My KLAX shots. Love the scenery!!! (FS9)  (Read 19590 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My KLAX shots. Love the scenery!!! (FS9)
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 10:29:35 am »
TRUST me buddy, I want to so badly, but the only think holding me back is that I have been hearing many people complaining about bad fps. Plus, I am running FS9 on my laptop, and they aren't the best specs either! I seriously don't know what to do!!! Gaaaaahhh!

Install the Trial and check for yourself.

pvupilot

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:06 am »
Stunning shots guys! I downloaded the demo and also had a frame rate hit but hopefully with the new GPU on its way, things will improve! Ill be buying it for FS9 only. Which that brings up a question, in that 80% of people who bought it for FSX, how many of them got it for both sims? Maybe a lot of that 80% use the scenery for both FSX and FS9? I sure hope we continue to see FS9 scenerys made by FSDT! Thanks a trillion FSDT and awesome shots guys!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 10:53:15 am »
Which that brings up a question, in that 80% of people who bought it for FSX, how many of them got it for both sims? Maybe a lot of that 80% use the scenery for both FSX and FS9?

We can't obviously know, the only clear data we see, BOTH from sales AND from downloads of the Trial version, is that FS9 is about 20% of the market now, while it used to be about 40% for the past years.

It's very likely the NGX737 release gave a strong blow to FS9 and, coupled with the fact that people WILL update hardware, sooner or later (nobody use the same system for more than 5 years), seems to be reasonable.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 04:27:00 pm »
Can someone comment which of the surrounding office buildings are included in KLAX?  I know FSDT stops at airport boundaries but it looks like some are included along World Way and Century Blvd (which definitely adds to the feel of LAX in real life, in my opinion) though less than Cloud9.  Just curious.  Thanks.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 06:21:21 am »
Which that brings up a question, in that 80% of people who bought it for FSX, how many of them got it for both sims? Maybe a lot of that 80% use the scenery for both FSX and FS9?

We can't obviously know, the only clear data we see, BOTH from sales AND from downloads of the Trial version, is that FS9 is about 20% of the market now, while it used to be about 40% for the past years.

It's very likely the NGX737 release gave a strong blow to FS9 and, coupled with the fact that people WILL update hardware, sooner or later (nobody use the same system for more than 5 years), seems to be reasonable.

The other 20% of FS9 users will purchase KLAX after it is AES'd.  ;) I think there was just a few like me who made the exception to 1. show support for the scenery right away and 2. just HAD to have it right away. Sales will increase. Also keep in mind a heavy shopping season is ahead.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »
The other 20% of FS9 users will purchase KLAX after it is AES'd.  ;)

Another statistic a bit "in the clouds"...we haven't been able to see a measurable sales "surge" of a scenery that never had AES for years and was heavily requested (Cloud9 EHAM, for example), that would really make any difference along the lifetime of a product.

Yes, there's some kind of a "mini surge" in the first month after AES support is released, but after a while sales goes back exactly to the same levels as they were before AES, I don't think having AES impacted for more than 10% of overall sales for the whole lifetime of a product, Cloud9 KLAX never had AES.

The only case were having AES or not might do a difference (forget doubling the FS9 marketshare against FSX), is if there are two competing sceneries of the same airport, with the same quality, one with AES and the other without, AES might shift the balance in that case. But if a scenery is visibly better than another one for the same airport, people will always choose the better looking/performing one in any case.

So, the actual 20% might become (maybe) a 22% with AES...

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 02:53:01 am »
The other 20% of FS9 users will purchase KLAX after it is AES'd.  ;)

Another statistic a bit "in the clouds"...we haven't been able to see a measurable sales "surge" of a scenery that never had AES for years and was heavily requested (Cloud9 EHAM, for example), that would really make any difference along the lifetime of a product.

Yes, there's some kind of a "mini surge" in the first month after AES support is released, but after a while sales goes back exactly to the same levels as they were before AES, I don't think having AES impacted for more than 10% of overall sales for the whole lifetime of a product, Cloud9 KLAX never had AES.

The only case were having AES or not might do a difference (forget doubling the FS9 marketshare against FSX), is if there are two competing sceneries of the same airport, with the same quality, one with AES and the other without, AES might shift the balance in that case. But if a scenery is visibly better than another one for the same airport, people will always choose the better looking/performing one in any case.

So, the actual 20% might become (maybe) a 22% with AES...

With all due respect, if AES impacted sales that little, you would not be spending as much time and resources developing your own type of AES product... Which is why I believe your product will be free. It's the sales of the actual sceneries that it will help impact as well as the fact that you will no longer have to wait for Oliver to get around to AES'ing a completed scenery which delays sales when he is slow. You MUST admit, the AES type of software has a huge influence on sales of sceneries. More than you are admiting here.