Author Topic: error messages after updating KLAX to v1.1  (Read 3695 times)

MuffNick

error messages after updating KLAX to v1.1
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:17 pm »
Hi guys, after deinstalling KLAX v1 and updating to v1.1 I received error-messages that all my installed fsdreamteam sceneries are outdated. I downloaded and installed the stand-alone-manager to fix it but that did not solve my problem. Afterwards I downloaded every installer of each of my sceneries and installed them again. That did not solve the problem either. What can I do? Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Gerson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: error messages after updating KLAX to v1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:27 pm »
Hi guys, after deinstalling KLAX v1 and updating to v1.1 I received error-messages that all my installed fsdreamteam sceneries are outdated

Sorry, but that's just not possible, since KLAX 1.1 contains all the files needed to udpate the scenery, and downloading the Stand-Alone Addon Manager it's not required if you install KLAX 1.1.

This could only have happened if you installed a previous scenery AFTER KLAX 1.1. In this case, the fix would be exactly as the message suggest: downloading and installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Or reinstalling KLAX 1.1, it would be the same.

I downloaded and installed the stand-alone-manager to fix it but that did not solve my problem.

Afterwards I downloaded every installer of each of my sceneries and installed them again. That did not solve the problem either. What can I do? Any suggestions?

This is probably what caused the problem, you installed the other sceneries after KLAX, in this case you need to download and install the current version of the Addon Manager.

It's possible that your browser has cached the old Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, and it's not downloading the current version. Be absolutely sure you have the current version of the installer, which is 2.8.0.8, be sure it reads 2.8.0.8 on the installation screen. If it doesn't, clear your browser cache and download it again.

In any case, none of this is needed if you install KLAX 1.1 as the last step. The Stand-Alone Addon Manager installation is only needed if you install another scenery after KLAX

MuffNick

Re: error messages after updating KLAX to v1.1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »
"It's possible that your browser has cached the old Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, and it's not downloading the current version. Be absolutely sure you have the current version of the installer, which is 2.8.0.8, be sure it reads 2.8.0.8 on the installation screen. If it doesn't, clear your browser cache and download it again."

That was the problem. The version I used was 2.8.0.7.

Thanks!
Gerson