Author Topic: KLAX  (Read 11807 times)

sonebone

KLAX
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:00:55 pm »
Is there a version for FS9 coming out for KLAX??? If so when?
E6850 3GB, 4 GB ram, 500GB sata 2 HD, EVGA 470 GTX, Windows XP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:44:18 pm »
Most likely, it should be out in a couple of weeks or so.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »

BOOYAH!!! :o 8) Any chance of a glimpse?

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:24 pm »

BOOYAH!!! :o 8) Any chance of a glimpse?
No...don't waste your time...just get the thing out! :D

A few days ago, after reading what you said, I didn't expect an FS9 version at all, now...I'm optimistic based on what you are saying! ;D

mozart

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »

Umberto and friends

You must have heard a zillion more or less whining posts pleading you to do a FS9 version. I haven't taken part in those pleas, but would like to add a more "posed" thought as someone who has both FS9 and FSX on his machine. I have a powerful machine, so performance issues is not the problem of why I could be a "never FSX, performance problems, etc"-kind of person.

Simply: heavy metal commercial aviation flying is better in FS9. Still more choice of airports and planes in that category, easier to run 100% AI on big airports. FSX is better for VFR-type of flying, where I am moving around more slowly and fly low enough to actually benefit from the superior scenery in FSX. The kind of thing that I don't even see when going at Mach 0.86 at 36'000 feet for 10 hours over the Pacific Ocean.

I know that many people think like me. Having a nice version of KLAX would give us FS9 heavy metal commercial fliers an important node in the international aviation world.

If you don't do, I'd understand. If you do, I just wanted you to know that there is a group of people who appreciates this enormously (and who'll buy it) and I wanted to let you know why.

Other than that, thanks for all the great things FSDT has done. I bought all your sceneries so far but - with the exception of the Hawaii sceneries - only use them in FS9 because they are largely bigger commercial airports. For the VFR-type sightseeing flights, I use the smaller airports from ORBX.

christiaan

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »
Like many others I prefer FS9.

One question.

As FSDT  are issuing the FS9 version after the FSX version will FSDT be charging one price for the two versions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
As FSDT  are issuing the FS9 version after the FSX version will FSDT be charging one price for the two versions.

Why shouldn't we ?

The FS9 release wasn't simultaneous to FSX because, as we said right from the start, shortly after the development of KLAX began, before deciding if doing it or not, we needed to do some tests with the finished product to see how it could be converted, and this could only be done after releasing the FSX version, since it wouldn't be very fair to FSX user to put a finished product on hold until we ported it to FS9, only to prevent FS9 users from going into panic mode.

This doesn't have any relationship with our pricing policies. The reason of offering the two versions of the scenery under the same license, is to ease the upgrade to FSX, and this hasn't changed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:05:23 pm by virtuali »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:27:07 am »
Simply: heavy metal commercial aviation flying is better in FS9....., easier to run 100% AI on big airports.

What happens if you turn AI down to 80% or 90% at big airports, does it ruin the flight if it's not set to 100%?

sticky1202

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »
I'm also one who can't get enough AI traffic. Gotta get every last one of those flights in there. 100% or bust!  ;)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »
I'm also one who can't get enough AI traffic. Gotta get every last one of those flights in there. 100% or bust!  ;)

You should copy all your traffic.bgl's and run it like that so you can essientially get 200% AI, lol.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:48:21 pm by cmpbllsjc »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »
Full AI is great if you're sitting somewhere plane spotting, but it can be murder if you're caught waiting in line to take off.  I've actually waited over an hour to take off for a fourty minute flight.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:39:09 pm »
Full AI is great if you're sitting somewhere plane spotting, but it can be murder if you're caught waiting in line to take off.  I've actually waited over an hour to take off for a fourty minute flight.

Sounds quite realistic then. :P  I've experienced exactly that with about an hour delay on the tarmac at JFK for an hour or so flight up to Boston.

sticky1202

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
Exactly...delays just like the real world. It kind of turns you into a "spotter" while waiting for departure though.  :-\

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:01 pm »
I've experienced exactly that with about an hour delay on the tarmac at JFK for an hour or so flight up to Boston.

And when you finally reach the hold short line, Murphy's Law kicks in and FSX crashes to the desktop.  ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

global express

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
The debate about AI percentages interests me a great deal - as a producer of freeware AI packages (UltimateGA).

We always dream about new bizjet models being created for new AI packages... but in reality... if FS9/X had 100% of real world traffic represented, the entire sim would grind to a halt!

KLAX is obviously busy with traffic sliders at 100%, but with a good AFCAD, AI traffic flow can be improved dramatically, with all 4 runways in equal use. In FS, single runway airports like LSGG are much more congested (during peak periods) with long queues for takeoff and several go-arounds. This is due to many things... but the main reasons are: aircraft vacating the runway too slowly and landing clearance given too early. These two issues are unfortunately unavoidable in FS9/X, but there are some things you can do to help the situation without reducing sliders and compromising realism.

One tip I have - leave your sim running for 30-45mins before flight. This helps traffic levels even out, and reduces clusters of AI traffic. If you don't have 30mins to wait, just use 4x speed - any faster and your AI will want to reset.