Author Topic: Strange Objects At KLAX  (Read 17348 times)

pcubine

Re: Strange Objects At KLAX
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 05:46:32 am »

Was just checking the forums before I hit the sack for the night and noticed your flight; PANC (Sim Wings) to KLAS (FSDT). I did this flight this morning and had no problems using the PMDG NGX.

Wish I could help but just wanted to say it went off without a hitch.

Stickman

PANC was Aerosoft and do you have ORBX PNW installed?

Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 11:57:40 am »
How about uninstall KLAX 1.1 and answer yes to remove Addon Manager and Couatl during the uninstall process (which I didnot do when uninstalling KLAX 1.0) then install Addon Manager and KLAX 1.1. Any ideas?

Why are you keep wasting time reinstalling/uninstalling KLAX, when your previous message finally proven that KLAX didn't have anything to do with this, and yours is a video card/driver issue, as your screenshot of messed up textures at KTPA clearly indicates ?

Just to be clear: KLAX, Couatl and the Addon Manager don't have ANY effect on other scenery, they don't change ANY of the default FSX files, the ONLY modification they do to the FSX.CFG, is enabling 4096x4096 textures in the installation, but you can revert it easily with the Addon Manager (of course KLAX will look blurred)

pcubine

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 05:07:11 pm »
Umberto

Seems to me I went thru issues about 13 months ago with KDFW and that was on a different computer with a NVIDIA 285 GTX card. See this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0. A lot of setting changes in FSX and the NVIDIA Control Panel trying to get the green covering off of the runways. Nothing solved the issue until KDFW 2.0 was installed. I believe I read in several threads in the FSDT Forums that KDFW and KLAX employed a new method of building an airport. Maybe that method in combination with some addon or addons and NVIADA card don't work well together. I have had no issues with other FSDT airports such as KLAS, KFLL, KORD, and KJFK. Zurich I don't know about. I could care less if works or not. I will use it about as much as Imagine KCLT and KMCI - which is never.

The night screenshots are no big deal since I only use it during the daytime or early evening for flights from or to
Europe. All U.S. domestic flights either arrive or depart in the day.

I believe there were about 4 updates to KDFW before version 2.0. I will see what the future brings. In the meantime I will use KSFO.

Thanks
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »
Seems to me I went thru issues about 13 months ago with KDFW and that was on a different computer with a NVIDIA 285 GTX card. See this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0. A lot of setting changes in FSX and the NVIDIA Control Panel trying to get the green covering off of the runways. Nothing solved the issue until KDFW 2.0 was installed

That thread is referring to an entirely different problem, which doesn't have anything to do with this one, in that thread, you had a problem of image quality because you didn't have the Anisotropic filtering on, and you said at the end that you fixed it by enabling it, even before KDFW 2.0 was released, this is your last message of that thread:

Success at last. I tried a lot of different things with no luck. But here is the solution that worked. nDivia Control Panel/3D Images set Anisotropic filtering set to 8x and application control not checked.

None of that was related or fixed with KDFW 2.0, it was a wrong setting on your video card panel, and it's an entirely different thing that was you are reporting now, which also it's surely a video card/driver problem, but a different one.

pcubine

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 05:59:33 am »
Umberto

You actually read and quoted from the above thread which is more than I can say that I did. I tried to recount it from memory and was obviously wrong and I apologize for that. I am sorry.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:56:15 am »
Umberto

An on update on what is  happening. KLAX appears to be okay on all flights except long ones from Europe. A second PANC-KLAX in 737NGX, KORD-KLAX in CS 752, KJFK-KLAX in MD-11X, KLAS-KLAX in 737NGX and very short KLAX-KLAX in the 737NGX does not result in any strange objects or missing terminals. KLAX shows no issues when it is the origin airport no matter where the flight is going. The only flight that resulted in strange objects at KLAX was a 12 hour EDDF-KLAX and that was not as bad as previous flights. I am going to try a PMDG 744 EDDF-KLAX flight tonight and see what happens. Maybe the problem only occurs with the MD-11 on extremely long flights of 11-13 hours. I will see tonight.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:50 am »
Umberto

I finished a 12.4 hr EDDF-KLAX in the PMDG 747-400X. No strange objects at KLAX. Nothing floating in the sky. No whatever the yellow objects were. Terminal buildings and jetways were there. So the only problem is the PMDG MD-11X on very lomg flights that land at KLAX. I believe the problem is with the MD-11 or video card. I lean towards the MD-11 because it has created issues accross two computers and three video cards. I think I will download a new installer from PMDG and if the isssue continues after the install I will then install Inspector for the GTX 480 and try different settings. Umberto, what do you think?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

flapsup

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 08:02:00 am »
Umberto

I finished a 12.4 hr EDDF-KLAX in the PMDG 747-400X. No strange objects at KLAX. Nothing floating in the sky. No whatever the yellow objects were. Terminal buildings and jetways were there. So the only problem is the PMDG MD-11X on very lomg flights that land at KLAX. I believe the problem is with the MD-11 or video card. I lean towards the MD-11 because it has created issues accross two computers and three video cards. I think I will download a new installer from PMDG and if the isssue continues after the install I will then install Inspector for the GTX 480 and try different settings. Umberto, what do you think?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael,
What nvidia driver version are you using, if it is 275.33, ditch it. It can cause graphic corruption, and even more pronounced in the MD11.
Change to the 270.61. If you are already using .61, then disregard this post.

pcubine

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 07:56:39 am »
Umberto

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael,
What nvidia driver version are you using, if it is 275.33, ditch it. It can cause graphic corruption, and even more pronounced in the MD11.

I changed from 266.58 (January, 2011) to the 270.61 and if anything the corruption is worse. See attached screenshot. Once I had parked the MD-11 at KLAX I pressed Esc and clicked on Continue Flying and the objects disappeared. When I did that in the past the scenery went black and the only thing left on the screen was the 2D panel.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

flapsup

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 10:36:43 am »
Umberto

Thank you
Michael Cubine
I would have thought your panel would have been distorted as well, but not in this case it seems. Have you posted this shot at PMDG ?
Michael,

I changed from 266.58 (January, 2011) to the 270.61 and if anything the corruption is worse. See attached screenshot. Once I had parked the MD-11 at KLAX I pressed Esc and clicked on Continue Flying and the objects disappeared. When I did that in the past the scenery went black and the only thing left on the screen was the 2D panel.

Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 06:20:37 pm »

flapsup

Maybe you can answer a question for me which I have posted on several forums but have had no reply. I have installed Nvidia Inspector 1.9.5.5 but I see no way to save the changes that I make. The images of Inspector in the threads I am reading show an Apply changes in the upper right corner of the profile settings page. These are versions 1.9.4.4 and 1.9.3.2. Do you have any ideas on applying the changes?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:57 am »
I tried a lot of things to solve this problem - installing driver 270.61, installing NVIDIA inspector and trying different settings, trying various settings in the FSDT Addon Manager. Nothing worked. Uninstalling the MD-11, purchasing an extended download and installing that new installer has soo far solved the problem. Looks like it was not the video card but the MD-11 that was corrupt.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 11:02:54 am »
Looks like it was not the video card but the MD-11 that was corrupt.

If *was* a video card problem, but it was *caused* by a problem on the MD-11, maybe it was just leaking video memory. The only thing sure, it *wasn't* the scenery...

pcubine

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:23 pm »
Umberto

No it was not KLAX. The airport was fine because I had no problem when flying the CS 752, PMDG's 737NGX, and 747-400X into KLAX. The problem was only with the PMDG MD-11X on long distance flights.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine