Author Topic: KLAX - Miss Alignment?  (Read 7067 times)

Johan

KLAX - Miss Alignment?
« on: December 04, 2011, 05:48:07 am »
Hi Umberto,

I made several ILS approaches at KLAX on both 24R and 25L and the plane doesn't land on the runway axis, but always a few feet to the right. I do not have any other addon but FSDT scenery. Is there an explanation?
Thanks,

Johan

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: KLAX - Miss Alignment?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:36:41 pm »
Varies by airport, but not uncommon for an ILS beacon to be right or left of center.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

G.Bosak

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 03:25:39 pm »
Johan

there is an explanation. It seems you have migrated your whole FSX folder. Maybe to a new machine and the FSX
registry path is now broken. Which results exactly in the issue you have.

To solve this problem you have to download this useful tool from FLIGHT1:

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

and execute this with administrator rights, thats it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 03:37:36 pm »
Doesn't happen here, see the screenshot. Check you have KLAX on the top layer in the Scenery Library, and you don't have another AFCAD from another product in conflict. Your screenshots shows some double objects not belonging to KLAX, meaning there's another AFCAD in conflict.

Johan

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »
Umberto thanks. I just scanned my computer with FSX Airport scanner, and I don't see any duplicate (I use only Fsdt scenery anyway).
I un-installed Fsdt's KLAX V2, restarted FSX with KLAX stock airport, and my planes on ILS approaches still do not perfectly align in the middle of the runway....so it must be something else...Please let me know on my picture what seems to be duplicates.

G.Bosak, I haven't tried your solution because I never moved my FSX folders or changed computers, and all the paths work well otherwise. You think I should still try the registry repair without any possible damages elsewhere? Thanks for your response though.

Bruce, you might be right then...thanks for your wise insight

Johan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »
Please let me know on my picture what seems to be duplicates.

There are several things that don't belong to KLAX and should have been excluded, like the big antenna in the left, the white navaid house and taxiway signs with default graphic are misplaced. These are all items that belongs either to the default AFCAD, or to another AFCAD in conflict.

Another explanation, it could be you edited the AFCAD that come with KLAX, and lost its exclusions command when saving it back, so the default AFCAD is popping out.

G.Bosak

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »

G.Bosak, I haven't tried your solution because I never moved my FSX folders or changed computers, and all the paths work well otherwise. You think I should still try the registry repair without any possible damages elsewhere? Thanks for your response though.

Of course you should have already done it.  ;) The migration of FSX was just an obvious example to get this situation.

don't forget to start the tool with administrator priviliges (on Win Vista/Win7)

Bakern

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 08:27:06 am »
Hi Umberto,

I made several ILS approaches at KLAX on both 24R and 25L and the plane doesn't land on the runway axis, but always a few feet to the right. I do not have any other addon but FSDT scenery. Is there an explanation?
Thanks,

Johan

Hi.

I would check registry first (if you are on 64x's OS), here is something i posted some time ago over at Avsim:

After you have run register fix, check to see in register (two places in Win7 x64 Os)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0]

Look for SetupPath and check if both have an slash at the end of line....

In my case: SetupPath=E:\Flight Simulator X\

SetupPath for FSX should end with a \ in both places.

I had problem with this a time ago, landing a little to right when following LOC, after changing this, no problem.

Brgds
Stein-Ove

Johan

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 03:22:39 am »
Thanks everyone. I did the repairs, checked the registry, everything looks fine and works fine now.

Johan