Author Topic: Problems with LAX...  (Read 6405 times)

Der Flieger

Problems with LAX...
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:14:29 pm »
Hello,

I have purchased your Los Angeles scenery today and installed it on my offline FSX computer. Unfortunately no buildings appeared in LAX, so I checked my Flight Simulator folder and found out that my bglmanx.dll is 0kb in filesize. I already had this problem with GSX, but there was a workaround for me: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5507.5

So I replaced the 0kb bglmanx.dll with my downloaded one (1.652kb) and tried to start my FSX. But unlike with GSX my Flightsim didn't boot, but crashed to desktop as soon as the load screen disappears. Then I downloaded the newest version of the Add-On Manager and installed it, but after installation my bglmanx.dll again just had 0kb!

Fortunately I also have bought Flightbeam's KSFO today and installed their software. After the installation of San Francisco my bglmanx.dll suddenly had a filesize of 1.648kb. Now I was able to load FSX and activate LAX.

But after activating the airport I found another problem...most of the buildings seem to be transparent and I don't have real ground textures. There is also a mesh problem at one point and I'm missing all the jetways...there are some screenshots attached to this post.

I hope you will be able to help me!

Regards,
Sebastian

http://www.abload.de/img/klaxg8lku.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/klax2ullej.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/klax3m5l2f.jpg
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:09:15 pm by virtuali »
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with LAX and bglmanx.dll...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »
First, the KSFO installer takes the bglmanx.dll exactly from the *same* location of our installers. In fact, it's even more unlikely you would end up with a corrupted download using our installers, since we have the URL duplicated on two mirrors (which are also chosen at random each time), while the KSFO installer use only one of them so, it's should be exactly the opposite: if you had a problem with the internet connection, it should happen more frequently with the KSFO installer.

In any case, if you still have connection problems, or you have another product blocking the download, like an antivirus or a firewall, you can simply fix it by installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the network disconnected.

Your other problem, of missing parts of buildings, doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager, and are due because you are either running FSX in XP Compatibility mode, or you have a wrong setting in your FSX.CFG

In the first case, turn off any compatibility modes for FSX.EXE. If that doesn't fix it, remove the FSX.CFG and let FSX create a new one from scratch. The file is located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Der Flieger

Re: Problems with LAX...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »
Hello!

Thank you for your answer, but as my FSX computer is not connected to the internet, I have to rely on a "local bglmanx.dll" as the installer always says. But after installing LAX without internet connection, my bglmanx.dll suddenly had a filesize of 0kb, and so no buildings appear at all.

Obviously the KSFO installer was also not connected to the internet, but after running it, my bglmanx.dll was ok again and had a filesize of 1.648kb. After this installation, I launched FSX again and the buildings at LAX are there.

Thanks, I'll try to fix my FSX.cfg! I'm not running FSX in a compatibility mode, but I'm running it with an external frame limiter, maybe that causes the problem...

Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

Der Flieger

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
Ok, deleted FSX.cfg, started FSX without frame limiter, checked if it is started in compatibility mode...but still transparent buildings and no jetways in LA... :(
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:44 pm »
I'm sorry, but this problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery or the installation or the Addon Manager. Jetways are not handled by it, so if they are not there, it's a clear proof the problem is elsewhere.

If it's not the FSX.CFG, then it must be a wrong tweak of your video driver. Try to update your video driver, and/or reset the video driver settings to default. Be sure the "Adaptive antialiasing" (or Transparency antialiasing ) is turned off.

And, after you restart FSX with a new FSX.CFG, be sure you have the "Advanced animations" flag set.

Der Flieger

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:21 pm »
I have turned my Super-Sampling AA back to Multi-Sampling AA, but still transparent buildings at LAX. I'm using the newest AMD Catalyst 12.3 for my ATI HD5850. Even reseting all driver settings to default didn't help... :(
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:43 pm »
Is still possible, if you applied a tweaker, that even resetting the video drivers to default, undocumented tweaks will not be removed. In that case, you might have to reinstall the video driver with a driver cleaner utility, that will remove every trace of the driver and every tweak in the registry.

Der Flieger

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
I now have uninstalled and then reinstalled FSX SP2 and it seems that by doing this, I repaired some files. Now I finally have all the buildings and jetways at KLAX! :)

Thank you very much for your effort and for your wonderful sceneries! I'll definitely enjoy flying into LAX in the next days! :)

Regards,
Sebastian
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs