Author Topic: Someone is not happy with the virtuali installer......  (Read 8018 times)

Someone is not happy with the virtuali installer......
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:38:05 am »
I just came across this Post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/331168-virtuali-a-rant from Tom Allensworth at AVSIM....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 02:18:04 pm by Avatar »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Someone is not happy with the virtuali installer......
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:25:17 pm »
I just came across this Post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/331168-virtuali-a-rant from Tom Allensworth at AVSIM....

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I'm always surprised to see posts like that when the user who's having problems didn't come to the FSDT forum first and seek help, especially the head of Avsim. I would imagine that if anyone would seek help first before posting a "rant'' against a developer, it would have been him.

I started to wonder if maybe someone hacked his account and posted that using his user name. Although I dont know Tom or have ever met him, I was really surprised to see that post. Then I saw that he was logged in and reading the post after Umberto responded to it and some other posts in that thread, but Tom never said a word or asked for help yet. Hopefully, he will get it straightened out and then post back that he got his issue squared away.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:47:06 pm »
If it wasn't the real Tom Allensworth, he has yet to issue any statements or apologies.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »
If it wasn't the real Tom Allensworth, he has yet to issue any statements or apologies.

I think it was the real one now since he did make one additional post in the thread, plus I am sure that by now it would have been locked or deleted by one of the Avsim staff it it was indeed false.

After reading all 6 pages of it, Umberto must be one of the most patient people and 3PD's I have ever seen considering some of the things that have been said in that thread, not that we didn't already know that considering some of the posts I have seen him answer here. Just reading some of the comments pissed me off and I have no stake in FSDT. It amazes me what some people will say to him over the internet, when in person I doubt they would make the same remarks.

Frankly, even though Tom did make one other post on the subject, I am surprised that he still hasn't asked for specific help from Umbertom. Although since we dont know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe he has already been in contact with him privately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »
I'm fairly sure he's the real one (I really hope Avsim hasn't been hacked *again*...), and since it appear he had an issue with the Addon Manager not working, I hope he'll contact me, because I've offered him my help fixing his problem, but I'm also asking for *his* help, since I need some users unable to load the Addon Manager in any way even after all our suggestions, to help me testing some modification we can try to make it more reliable.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »

I think it was the real one now since he did make one additional post in the thread, plus I am sure that by now it would have been locked or deleted by one of the Avsim staff it it was indeed false.

After reading all 6 pages of it, Umberto must be one of the most patient people and 3PD's I have ever seen considering some of the things that have been said in that thread, not that we didn't already know that considering some of the posts I have seen him answer here. Just reading some of the comments pissed me off and I have no stake in FSDT. It amazes me what some people will say to him over the internet, when in person I doubt they would make the same remarks.

Frankly, even though Tom did make one other post on the subject, I am surprised that he still hasn't asked for specific help from Umbertom. Although since we dont know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe he has already been in contact with him privately.

I was also surprised myself and got very upset with the whole thread some people asked good questions but there were some others that just wanted to stir the pot and just go berserk with comments about drm and other stuff, reminds me of something that happend in flytampa forum that blew my mind lol but Umberto has done a great job considering all the crap and false things people say.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
I was also surprised myself and got very upset with the whole thread some people asked good questions but there were some others that just wanted to stir the pot and just go berserk with comments about drm and other stuff, reminds me of something that happend in flytampa forum that blew my mind lol but Umberto has done a great job considering all the crap and false things people say.

Yeah, some of the remarks about "liking privacy" and comparisons to Addon Manager being like malware were totally off the wall.

One fellow said that he wont install FSDT products because he likes his privacy as if Addon Manager is going to comb thru his computer looking for personal info to transmit to some theives somewhere. Same guy went on an on about his "privacy". Frankly, if that guy is so worried about privacy then he ought to get off the internet all together since there are many worse things that can happen to him than having Addon Manager installed on his rig.

And the guy with the Homer Simpson avatar that says "Always best to avoid stuff with crappy DRM & support the developers that don't treat customers like crooks." I guess 3PDs protecting their investments is treating customers like crooks. I wonder if he feels the same way when he goes to the bank to get money and they ask him for ID? Does that mean they think he is a crook? If so he better insult them as well.

Umberto did a great job in that forum, and frankly I think he may have gained some more customers now that more people are aware of his products and his unrelenting desire to help people, even the ones who treated him like dirt.

Although for some of us that have been buying FSDT products all along and corresponding with Unmberto thru the years already know that he offers great products and execellent support as well!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:44:53 pm by cmpbllsjc »

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:04:46 pm »
I totally agree with you there was some really crazy comments. and if it wasn't for fsdt we wouldn't have these amazing sceneries and tech I remember years ago in what seemed like nobody wanted to take on making a jfk or even dfw but fsdt stepped in and got it done not only for fsx but even for fs9 for one price. and in amazing quality some great textures great 3d work now with gsx it will be lots of fun and exciting. lol I need to go get a couple of beers and relax hehe.  ;D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 08:15:22 pm »
I need to go get a couple of beers and relax hehe.  ;D

Can you imagine Umberto? If anyone needs a couple beers its him and some sleep as wel. He's been logged into Avsim and answering question for what seems like almost 48 hours.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 08:57:13 pm »
WOW, the guy from Flightbeam just totally let Tom have it in his reply to his original post. I posted it here in case anyone wants to read it in case it gets deleted on Avsim.

You know, after launching KSFO as my first product, I expected to run into some trouble with a few users to get it working, but I never expected this.

Let me first tell you, and everyone else here on AVSIM that your statement, Tom, is a complete lie. And on top of it.. to post a rant on AVSIM forum telling users that you received "No Support" and just a refund, you have no idea how damaging you've been to FlightBeam especially as a new FS developer.

Each and every single time you sent a support request to me, I promptly replied with instructions to fix with a request to follow up with me. Since you decided to tell everyone that you received "no support"... I will post our support correspondence right here so everyone can see for themselves.

---
TOM:
I purchased KSFO for FSX this last Saturday. My order number is xxxxxxxxxx. I installed it and have not been able to get it to show the terminals. It shows the gateways, floating off the ground, but no terminals. None. It shows floating lamp posts as well. I have tried various approaches to fix this, including setting all my sliders to the right, going with your recommended settings, etc. I run all of the Blueprint airports without issue as well a number of Aerosoft airports like mega DE Gaulle, mega London, mega Frankfurt, and others without issues.

Can someone advise me on how to rectify this?
------
My support response, with 2 HOURS:

Hello Tom,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've had one other customer with this problem and it was solved by installing the latest addon-manager which was updated saturday-sunday.
http://www.virtualis...donmanagerX.exe

Just to be safe, I would re-install KSFO as well by re-downloading the same link, I posted an update over the weekend.
http://www.flightbea...o_fsx_setup.exe

Please let me know if this solved your problem, or if you still have trouble.
-------

A day later I get this response from you:

-----

I attempted to reply to your email earlier to me regarding the "fix" link you sent me. The mail bounced back. If you are going to respond to people and encourage them to get back with you, that is pretty aggravating when the very email you do that with is an address that doesn't work. Here is what I attempted to send you:

That is because you replied to an auto reply ticket system, there is a reason I use the ticket system, so I can easily track all requests and respond promptly rather than replying to hundreds of email threads.

I installed the new file you sent me the link to. Not only did it not fix the problem with no terminals, floating jet ways and light poles; in fact, it blew up my FSX. I had flown a flight just before installing your addonmanager and FSX was perfect in every way. Install the manger and now I cannot get FSX to go beyond about 1 minute into the splash screen and then FSX dies. Just disappears. I have removed the manager, I have cleaned the registery, I removed the QW757.gua entry in the fsx.cfg, restarted the computer and attempted to start up FSX five or six times. Same issue; FSX just dies and disappears - nothing in the task manager or service that are recognizable. Needless to say, what started out as a simple scenery install has now totally screwed up my system. If I have to wipe out FSX and start over again with all my add-on's, I am going to be a very unhappy person.

And why would your fix have anything to do with the QW757, which has worked for me flawlessly??

Do you have any advice short of reloading FSX to fix this?

Tom Allensworth
AVSIM Online

---------------------

My support response, immediately:

Hi Tom, Again I'm sorry to hear what has happened. I'm emailing you directly now rather than through the ticket system so you don't have to go through it. The ticket system simply allows me to track issues better rather than numerous email threads. Lets start with giving you a refund and fixing your FSX. Lets clear some things up first. I can assure you that if this was a problem with my scenery I'd have people with pitchforks chasing me. You are the only one that has had this problem. Addon Manager is created by FSDreamTeam, not flightbeam. Every single aspect of that program is managed by them, and they have thousands and thousands of users. Additionally, I don't even own or have anything to do with QW757. Step one, rename your FSX.CFG to FSX.old, this will allow FSX to rebuild the CFG file. Please do this as a first step and see if FSX starts. Please follow up to this and let me know if this works, then we'll go from there. Mir --------------

I never got a response from you. Even though I clearly said "PLEASE FOLLOW UP TO THIS". To sit here and tell everyone that you got no help is downright ridiculous. It may be easy to bash other developers who have a multitude of products to support them, I just one ONE introductory scene which has been getting slaughtered by all this BS. Thanks very much.

Un-fricking-believable
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:59:23 pm by cmpbllsjc »

FunknNasty

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:01 am »
I want to respond to this thread with a '''I'd buy the Flight Beam KSFO all over again''''. I don't think the airport rendition could be topped by anyone ..... it's as real as it gets.

-Ken

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 04:29:23 pm »
I'm glad to see Mir defending his product, he doesn't deserve this treatment from Tom DB.  As for those boycotting software because of their "privacy", why are you on the Internet?  Nothing is private here.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »
Hey Umberto, will I get a Product for free for having brought the post at Avsim to your attention?  ;D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »
You can have a free copy of their Greystone scenery for FSX.   :D :D

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 08:32:52 pm »
Hey Umberto, will I get a Product for free for having brought the post at Avsim to your attention?  ;D

LOL, actually if he was giving out a free product for that, I may have actually beat you since I PM'ed him pretty quickly when the Avsim post first appeared, long before you posted it in the forum ;)

I guess I take PHNL since thats the only one I dont have, lol.....