Author Topic: woo! New computer!  (Read 3067 times)

sjt375

• Flight Director
woo! New computer!
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:44 pm »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: woo! New computer!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:15:39 am »
Oh man, I never knew you and Slade were high school kids until I saw your video and looked you guys up in Facebook. I always though you guys were in your 20's or 30's, especially given the titles you guys go by with Owner, Co-owner, Vice-President, Video Director, etc. Do you guys actually make money and get paid for your videos or is it just for fun and a hobby? Seeing as how you and Slade go to different high schools, how did you two join forces?

You guys are lucky you have computers and flight sims are the way they are now. When I was your age the sim was not even close FSX by any stretch of the imagination, although we did have some cool ones like the original Falcon, Chuck Yeager's, Gunship, and of course whatever version of MS flight sim was out at the time. It's truely amazing how far the sim has come since the 80's when Bruce started it out.

Ok, I gotta ask. Since you guys make videos are you really allowed or authorized by developers to "share" software such as airports as mentioned in the post below from one of your "co-workers"? Do developers contact you guys to make promo videos or do you go to the developers and do it in exchange for a fee or free product?

I am with a team called Touch and Go Films, and we make flight sim videos especially for FSDT.  The vice president of TAGF offered me the program with a registration key..... Now was I wrong to use Spencer's key which he claimed to be authorized to give out to me since Im part of Touch and Go Films..... 

Enjoy the rest of your holiday vacation and enjoy the new computer.

Regards

Silverbird

Re: woo! New computer!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:41 pm »
Spencer congratulations on your new system!!  ;)  :) your better off running frame rates too unlimited,  make sure you look up some tweaks in avsims forums you should get a good boost. other thing I would be very extremely cool careful with those top vents on the case someone could easly spill water or even worse soda into the system Im not saying to cover it I guess maybe under the desk?
Cesar

New Jersey EWR