Author Topic: FA 18 tiger repaint  (Read 9944 times)

reider

FA 18 tiger repaint
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »
Has anyone done the tiger repaint like in the CS version?  I recall reading someone having a go but no searches have revealed a download anywhere.  I know the CS repaints and the Acceleration version are compatible but I don`t have the CS one.

Reider

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
Re: FA 18 tiger repaint
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:56:59 pm »
Hi Reider,

Sadly, I think the answer might be along the same lines as was given to "tazzharm" today who posted a similar question.

At the time of writing I don't think there are any paintkits out there other than the payware CS one. You could try contacting Fael097. He used to hang out on the forum although I haven't seen him here in a while. He did quite a lot of repainting (with the CS paintkit I believe) and he might be able to help. See this link:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=393.msg2682#msg2682

- Voodoo
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:30:34 am by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Andrea78

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 09:10:23 am »
Hi Reider,

I hope this could be interesting for you, I found a set of liveries for the F/A-18 Acceleration here:
http://www.flightsimulatorx.it/download/aerei.php
It's a set of great liveries, in which is included also the canadian tiger, the same of CS one.
The web site is in italian language, but I think you will not encounter to much problems to download the set.
Bye!

Andrea

reider

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:26:47 pm »
Many many thanks, I got a few textures for different aircraft from there.  I must look for some EH101 textures at some point too.

Reider

Intrepid

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:40:37 am »
" I got a few textures for different aircraft from there." 

Reider

Reider ; I tried to install the Canadian Tiger paint ,then tried to install them all ,No Joy
,on either try  :(.I don't read or speak Italian ,Was there anything  "special" you did to
download and install those  repaints. I downloaded a rather large file,42.3MB than
unzipped it to my desktop than installed ( by  copy and  paste method ) into the
SimObjects/Airplanes/FA-18   folder . Did I miss something in the Italian "Read me"
I have Added many textures in the past and have not encountered this before. :-[
Any insight appreciated
Thank you
Randy

Vigilius

• Filosofo - musicista
    • Cloud9 Phantom and FS
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
After you copy the folders of the textures you must add the right text lines in the aircraft.cfg otherwise you'll see nothing; this is valid for all textures of all planes not only for this package

reider

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »
As above.  Except one thing. Its just a case of pasting the texture folders in that you want. Make sure any numbers or descriptions in the texture names, for example texture.18 and texture.21 match those of the actual texture folders.  These are my listings for the two textures I wanted to see (in the aircraft.cfg), the numbers have to follow on from the existing ones so if they end at 13 currently the next one in line has to be 14, then 15.  The actual texture folder names have to match these same numbers or the wrong textures are called and nothing displays.

[fltsim.14]
title=FA-18 Hornet 14
sim=FA-18
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=14
kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
atc_id=N007
atc_flight_number=001
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="F/A-18"
ui_variation="Swiss Air Force"
ui_typerole="Jet bimotore"
ui_createdby="Captain Sim"
description="Nell'Hornet la solidità necessaria a un aeromobile concepito per le portaerei si unisce alla velocità e a una maggiore agilità, soprattutto ad angoli di incidenza elevati. I suoi potenti motori, gli stabilizzatori verticali inclinati, gli stabilatori orizzontali, i grandi flap bordo di attacco e bordo di uscita e il sofisticato sistema di controllo del volo contribuiscono a far raggiungere prestazioni di tale livello che fanno dell'Hornet un versatile caccia di prima linea nell'aeronautica militare di diverse nazioni.

[fltsim.15]
title=FA-18 Hornet 15
sim=FA-18
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=15
kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
atc_id=N007
atc_flight_number=001
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="F/A-18"
ui_variation="Swiss J-5238"
ui_typerole="Jet bimotore"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="Nell'Hornet la solidità necessaria a un aeromobile concepito per le portaerei si unisce alla velocità e a una maggiore agilità, soprattutto ad angoli di incidenza elevati. I suoi potenti motori, gli stabilizzatori verticali inclinati, gli stabilatori orizzontali, i grandi flap bordo di attacco e bordo di uscita e il sofisticato sistema di controllo del volo contribuiscono a far raggiungere prestazioni di tale livello che fanno dell'Hornet un versatile caccia di prima linea nell'aeronautica militare di diverse nazioni.Reapint Swiss J-5238 By I-FOX"Franco"

Reider
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:59:05 pm by reider »

Intrepid

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:24:53 pm »
Thank You Reider and Vigilius
Sometimes its the easy stuff that escapes me :-[
I appreciate the direction
Randy

BlakTiger47

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 02:33:30 am »
hey reider,
Yeah i'm with voodoo on this one, fael's your man. he did this little rendition (see my icon) of an F-18 for my namesake for me before his mysterious disappearance. i'll see what i can find but short of maybe buying the CS Tiger Meet i dont know wht all i'll find.
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

cherrypointers

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 01:56:37 am »
before his mysterious disappearance.

You can find him at the CS forums ;)

BlakTiger47

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 03:22:07 am »
ahhhhhh thank u. now if i can just remember my login id for CS.......... i havent been there since the summer.
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire