Author Topic: $5 sale over at Iris everyday until Dec 25th  (Read 11936 times)

meshman

Re: $5 sale over at Iris everyday until Dec 25th
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 02:20:18 am »
On a positive note, he also said that sales from this promotion are so good that he might be convinced to change his pricing structure in the future. I'm guessing that he may lower prices and go for more volume, rather than ask a lot of money per unit and not sell very much.

While your concept sounds well, it doesn't always work. Simmers have this perception that lower price means lower quality, thus they are inclined to turn away from what may be a better product than they have been purchasing in the past. It's not like I ever had a customer tell me my prices were TOO LOW! Oh wait, yes I did...

I still have yet to install the A-10 that I was so anxious to get for $5, but frankly I never would have paid $50 for it, unless of course it was something I had to have, but I think $50 for some of their planes is a little steep.

There's no Ctrl-E for a quick flight in the A-10. There's a quick start toggle switch, then you can hit Ctrl-E. But that's only if you are lazy, like me.  :D

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »
Simmers have this perception that lower price means lower quality... but I think $50 for some of their planes is a little steep.

We also have the perception that a higher price means the developer values his efforts to be worth more than they actually are, and this sale basically proves that point.  He walked away with a good chunk of change from my pocket that he never would've seen otherwise.  When you ask for that kind of money, you need to be able to bring it in the form of high quality models with very in depth systems like those from PMDG.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

meshman

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 05:04:57 pm »
Simmers have this perception that lower price means lower quality... but I think $50 for some of their planes is a little steep.

Just for clarification purposes, the second half of the quote was made by someone else and are not my words.

My abridged thoughts are that developers should get what they deserve for their products. But some developers value their products at a whole different level than what similar work may entail. That I speak from first hand experience. Running some source material through a compiler and calling it great doesn't make it so. But that's a something saved for discussion elsewhere... ;)