Author Topic: Work in Progress / 01  (Read 106458 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »
Thus I am assuming FSDT will make the final product we will see in 3 years and not what we see today. It is much more efficent to make the final work rathar then updates like UK2000 is doing with Heathrow

Personally, it would be a lot more fun to simulate the work being done through updates, rather than a guess of what it will look like three years from now.  And unlike UK2000, FSDT updates are free.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »
Thus I am assuming FSDT will make the final product we will see in 3 years and not what we see today. It is much more efficent to make the final work rathar then updates like UK2000 is doing with Heathrow

Personally, it would be a lot more fun to simulate the work being done through updates, rather than a guess of what it will look like three years from now.  And unlike UK2000, FSDT updates are free.   ;)

#1 it's not a guess. The masterplan is complete.

#2 The team would be spending too much time returning to KLAX when they could be working on other projects.

#3 These would not be the usual updates and I doubt FSDT can afford to just give that work away for free..

SirIsaac726

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2010, 04:19:58 am »

I take it you've never heard of the infamous "Big Dig" in Boston. :D

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:55 am »

As previously stated, i've been working with LAWA for the better part of 11 years not to mention my uncle is on the planning team. This isn't Boston bro...

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2010, 06:58:23 am »

As previously stated, i've been working with LAWA for the better part of 11 years not to mention my uncle is on the planning team. This isn't Boston bro...

correct, it's "Bawstuhn," not Boston. Take it from a Bawstuhnian ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2010, 04:25:50 pm »
Ayuh... they not from around hee yuh...   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »

I can't translate that, lol

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »
Back with LAX un huh? In any case I'm well aware of the fact of the runways and taxiways being realigned or still in the process. The LAWA master plan for LAX will bring the airport far into the 21st century. 
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »

I can't translate that, lol

That's how we say "Yeah, they're not from around here" up in Cow Hampshire.  LOL

SirIsaac726

« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2010, 01:24:47 am »

That's great...bro...but clearly you missed the point.  Just because a master plan is complete doesn't mean things won't change due to a variety of reasons and the Big Dig is a great example of how a large construction project can evolve as it is being built and being developed.

And sweet, didn't realize we had other New Englanders in here. :)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »
That is implied with any project. And my point is, if there were any changes to the plan it would be minor and would give me time to notify the development team. Either way, it's still time and money efficent to complete the project as it is expected to look and make any changes in the end if needed, rathar then making the updates as time passes. The latter would tie up the team to keep working on LAX and prevent other releases. This is a 3 year project and the construction is progressing fast. I should know, I am there every day.

The only other plan would be to make LAX as it is today and update it in 3 years when the project is complete. You want to wait for that? I didn't think so.  ;)

It would however be nice to get clarification from Umberto on what the plan actually is...???
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:02:36 pm by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2010, 10:39:37 pm »
It would however be nice to get clarification from Umberto on what the plan actually is...???

We'll do KLAX as it is today. And no, we can't say anything right now about updating it, since we don't even know which sim we'll all use in 2013 and beyond.

Silverbird

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:37 pm »

We'll do KLAX as it is today. And no, we can't say anything right now about updating it, since we don't even know which sim we'll all use in 2013 and beyond.

Thats the crazy part that we have msflight being developed now, and we don't know anything about yet! that's the one of the bad things about these airports. that they  are changing all the time! its pain the in butt!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:38:20 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

meshman

« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2010, 11:09:44 pm »

Thank you for some sanity, Umberto!

I just shake my head at those who don't understand the process, expecting that there be constant upgrades churned out as a new driveway is put in.

There is a *LOT* that could happen in the next three years, especially with California's budgetary concerns. Wake me up in three years and tell me if this "set in stone" LAX development is finished or on-budget or scaled back or bankrupt.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 05:47:47 pm »

Thank you for some sanity, Umberto!

I just shake my head at those who don't understand the process, expecting that there be constant upgrades churned out as a new driveway is put in.

There is a *LOT* that could happen in the next three years, especially with California's budgetary concerns. Wake me up in three years and tell me if this "set in stone" LAX development is finished or on-budget or scaled back or bankrupt.

The money has been put up meshman. And thanks for the responce Virtuali. Topic closed.