Author Topic: Missing Terminal Buildings  (Read 21921 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Terminal Buildings
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 11:09:33 am »
The log shows that everything is correct and working fine.

What are your Scenery Complexity and Autogen density settings inside FSX ?

eliv

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:35:26 pm »
Hi
I guess this issue is the most popular here. I also have this problem. Bought the scenery yestrday. The Demo mode worked ok, showed everything. After  I eneterd the registration key, I have missing terminals, no taxyway signs  , I can see only the jetways. Also I dont know if this is connected or not, but if the plane is parked in terminal A i dont see the buildings of the terminal and others terminals are showing, I move the palne to terminal B, buildings in the termainal are not showing and Termainal A is ok.
I have both the Addon manager and the couatl addon under the addon menue. In FSX, Scenery and Autogen both on dense.
Below is a copy of from the log file, also seems to be ok. I also uninstalled and installed the scenery several times but with no luck.
Help on this issue would be most appreciatedThanks
Thanks
Eli

couatl v2.0 (build 2070)
log started on Sat Nov 27 21:58:48 2010

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addon ZurichX:
Addon ZurichX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon OHareX:
Addon OHareX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK:
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI:
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ParkMe:
Addon ParkMe loaded
Loading addon LSGG:
Addon LSGG not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAS:
Addon KLAS not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KFLL:
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL:
Addon PHNL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW:
Addon KDFW loaded
Loading addon HAWAII1:
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ENBR:
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\LVLD_B763
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
SharedMemInterface connected
Entering ParkMe area Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\LVLD_B763
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
disconnected from SimConnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »
I guess this issue is the most popular here. I also have this problem. Bought the scenery yestrday. The Demo mode worked ok, showed everything.

No, your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with the others

First, is basically impossible that the scenery worked in Trial, but not when purchased. Something else must have changed in your config, that you are related to the fact you purchased the scenery, but that was just a coincidence.

In fact, your log show that's nothing is wrong with the program and it's running just fine. So, your issue doesn't have anything to do with the usual problem, which is always related to missing buildings due to software not running.

Since you are observing that terminals disappear only when you are close to them, and then reappear when you go far, this is an entirely different issue, which is very uncommon but it has been found by a couple of users in the past, and doesn't have anything to do with Trial or Activated (if will manifest in both modes), and it's usually related to:

- Running FSX in one of the "Compatibility" modes under XP or Vista. Check in the Properties for FSX.EXE that is NOT running under any of the Compatibility modes.

- A video card setting. Check you don't have Adaptive Anti Aliasing ( AAA ) on on ATI cards. This is also indicated on the manual.

eliv

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »
Thanks for your prompt reply

FSX is not in any compatibility mode
My video card is nvidia, I checked that I dont have adaptive AAA
I am attaching 2 photos to see how it looks

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8568/dallas2.jpg

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7405/dallas1k.jpg

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:19:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »
From your first description of the problem, it seemed the terminals disappeared when you go close and reappeared when going away. That's why I've asked to check for the Compatibility tab, because that's what will happen in Compatibility mode.

But from your screenshots, it seems it's always terminals A and B that missing. In this case, the issue would probably be entirely different.

Please, clarify the issue, because it's not apparent at all, from your screenshots and your description, what your problem is:

1) Is always terminals A and B missing, like in the screenshots ?

OR

2) Any terminal will disappear when going close to it, and will reappear when going away, like in your first description ?

eliv

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 04:48:27 pm »
Its not that the terminals are always missing, but as you can see when the plane is in terminal A for example it looks like this:

Locked view
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9840/termainalalocked1.jpg

Topdown view
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1345/terminalatopdown1.jpg

Terminal A is missing (or black as you can see from this view) and terminal B is there

When the plane is in Terminal B its vice vers
this is a locked view when the plan is in Terminal B
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3790/terminalblocked1.jpg

And this is a topdown view
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1422/terminalbtopdown1.jpg
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:58:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
My question was trying to understand if you are having a global "objects disappearing" issue, or if it only affects Terminal A and B so, I'll try to make it more clear:

1) Does the whole phenomenon happens ONLY between Terminal A and B

OR

2) Does it happens at other terminals too ( of course if you go *there* trying to trigger it ) ?

eliv

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »
Sorry for my misunderstanding, only terminal A & B

eliv

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:57:22 am »
Hi Virtuali
any ideas how to solve this?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40:58 am »
I wouldn't rather asking the obvious but, are you using the current KDFW version (2.0) ?

I really don't have any idea other the one already suggested, like the XP Compatibility mode. There's no difference whatsoever from terminal A/B compared to the other objects and, of course, I can't reproduce this in any way.

Since everything else works in the scenery, this doesn't have anything to do with activation or the loss of it, otherwise all objects would disappear together (and only after 5 minutes) and if either the Addon Manager or Couatl weren't running, you wouldn't see any object right from the start, not just terminal A or B.

If fact, the only similar report, with some objects disappearing only when going close, was due to having the Compatibility mode on for FSX.EXE but, if you are sure you don't have it, the only other possible explanation is that another addon you have is interfering somehow, perhaps reproducing the same conditions that happen when running FSX in XP Compatibility mode.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:49:49 am by virtuali »

thetford569

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2010, 03:41:50 am »
I guess I should have read this message first because I just bought KDFW and I'm having the same issue with disappearing terminal buildings.  It started with just a couple of buildings and then all of them were gone.  The jetways though are there along with some of the other scenery objects.  I've done nothing but install KDFW and I'm not using compatibility mode because I'm using Windows XP already.  Screenshot is attached...

Brandon

thetford569

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2010, 05:06:25 am »
Update on my issue...I was able to fix this I think.  Hopefully this will help others who are having trouble.  I had installed some time ago an add-on for the default DFW to add Terminal D as a GMAX building.  This also added an AFCAD for the airport.  I had disabled this after starting FSX with the FSDT KDFW installed but I guess since I didn't disable it until after the scenery had already loaded it still was conflicting.  I can only assume that the AFCAD that came with my add-on terminal D was making the buildings go away.

After checking for any other AFCADs for DFW I started FSX with only the FSDT version active in the scenery library and I had no disappearing buildings at all.  It happened within 5 minutes the first time and I slewed around for a good 10-15 minutes with no problems.  So, check for duplicate AFCADs or any add-ons you've had for DFW in the past and make sure they're disabled or gone.  That might be a solution!

Brandon