Author Topic: Zurich for FS9 CTD without any explanation!  (Read 4219 times)

Fly-by-Wire

Zurich for FS9 CTD without any explanation!
« on: September 09, 2010, 01:43:07 am »
Hello all.

I'm new here to the forums. I joined for the express interest of trying to solve a problem that has been plaguing me for a few weeks and driving me utterly insane. I have the Zurich scenery for FS9 and when I initially installed it, it was worked like a charm. For some reason (I honestly can't remember why) I uninstalled the Zurich scenery and installed the Zurich scenery by FreeZ. I think I might have wanted to try it out just because. Anyway, I wasn't too satisfied with the scenery, so I eventually uninstalled it and reinstalled the FSDT Zurich. Now, I whenever I even attempt to load Zurich, it will CTD when loading the terrain textures around 43% on the loading screen. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. I don't know if there's an issue with the FreeZ scenery or some other add-on. I have a plethora of add-on airports, so it would be hard to identify what could be the issue, if in fact there's a conflict with another add-on. The strange thing is, the FSTD Zurich Airport will load IF I attempt to access the airport during the night. But if I try to load the airport anytime when it will still be light outside (within FS9 lol), my computer with CTD. I don't get any type of error message at all. The FS will just crash and close out. Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be wrong and how I can troubleshoot this issue? I've been trying to fix this issue to no avail.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:48:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich for FS9 CTD without any explanation!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:48:04 am »
Crash to desktop at 43% of the terrain loading stage, can't be casued by FSDT Zurich, because it's a problem in the underlying FS9 scenery.

Most likely cause, is that something you installed, has altered one of the default FS9 scenery files and, the proper way to uninstall something that does this, is not simply remove its files, but also *restore* the original default files that were altered, which can be difficult if the scenery doesn't have a proper unisntaller that does this automatically (provided it made a backup, if it had a proper installer...)

I'm afraid it would be difficult to find the affected file, without reinstalling FS9 ( and the 9.1 update )