Author Topic: ILS to RWY's 36L, 36R and 35R **solved**  (Read 9317 times)

tomcjones

ILS to RWY's 36L, 36R and 35R **solved**
« on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:13 pm »
I have tried several time making an ILS approach to RWY 36L, The FMC, PFD and MFD all show the proper ID yet the aircraft is headed toward the terminal buildings.
ILS approaches for RWY 36R and 35R work fine. Does anyone know why 36L does not work.
Tom
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:44:07 pm by virtuali »

anappy

Re: ILS to RWY's 36L, 36R and 35R
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:26:09 pm »
Looks like atlease 2 major problems with this picture.

tomcjones

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:21:18 pm »
Well, what are the problems. At least you could say what they are

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:23:51 pm »
Ok, you probably removed your previous thread by mistake and again posted in the wrong section ( you should post in the KDFW SUPPORT section, NOT the Developer's backdoor) so I've moved the thread in the correct place and we have to start again: there are NO problems with the ILSs at KDFW!

Just open the scenery AFCAD, named AP_KDFW.BGL with ADE or any other AFCAD editor, and you can easily see they are all fine and all aligned.

I'll repost again the screeshots that I've posted before, which clearly show ILS at 36L working perfectly fine, aligned with runway with both localizer and the glideslope according to the PAPI as well.

If you have a problem with the ILS, it's either another AFCAD for KDFW, or it's another generic scenery that you have installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »
Besides, your image quality is really bad. Try to use the Anisotropic filter (at least 8x, but 16x it's better) on your video card control panel, because you can't even see the runways with such low resolution.

And, I see you had 160 knots of Ground speed shown on the GPS, with 147 knots shown on the PFD so, there was some wind involved, it might be just normal your approach path was skewed a bit.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:29:18 pm by virtuali »

tomcjones

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:37:15 pm »
Ok, thanks for the answer. I know those images are bad. I us PSP which in the past has worked really will. Something is out of adjustment.

I have not looked at your cad file but I am sure they are correct. I cannot visulize FSDreamTeam putting out bad ILS info.

I have tested ILS to 36R and 35R and they are fine and line up perfectly
That is why I don't understand the 36L problem.

I have images of ILS to 36R and 35R but I dont want to post any images until I find what the problem might with PSP.

Thanks
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »
I have images of ILS to 36R and 35R but I dont want to post any images until I find what the problem might with PSP.

I don't think it's a PSP problem, it's more likely your video card settings are still at default so, Anisotropic filter is left in the hands of the application so, if you haven't turned it on in FSX, the image would look very bad.

But, even if you turn it on in FSX, the best image quality is always obtained by forcing the Anisotropic filter in the video card control panel, so you can set it at the highest level possible, which will give you the sharpest image, especially on runways in final. Try 16x and see what happens.

tomcjones

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:35:52 pm »
I decided to empty all the bgl files out of my add on scenery folder and then set the cessna down on 36L, tuned the freq to 111.9 and the vertical needle is centered. So, I think, I have found the problem. I dont need those bgl files any longer anyway. Hopefully the problem is solved.
Thanks for the help and I will tackle the image problem.
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:53 pm »
I decided to empty all the bgl files out of my add on scenery folder and then set the cessna down on 36L, tuned the freq to 111.9 and the vertical needle is centered.

Good. So, it's now sure it was probably some freeware addon you installed long ago, and forget about it.

tomcjones

Re: ILS to RWY's 36L, 36R and 35R **solved**
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:54 pm »
Could have been a bgl that I had made. I do some scenery design myself. If so it was make long ago.
Tom

abrinson

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:59 am »
Just wondering, is it possible to make the runway look more realistic, like when your on approach, the runway is hard to see since it looks like there is grass on it. you have to get pretty close in order to make a good approach and not actually land on grass.
Alexander Brinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:04 am »
Just wondering, is it possible to make the runway look more realistic, like when your on approach, the runway is hard to see since it looks like there is grass on it. you have to get pretty close in order to make a good approach and not actually land on grass.

That doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, but it's a wrong configuration of your video card, which affects textures clarity.

Open your video card control panel, and set the Anisotropic filter at 16x, and you'll get a big improvement.

tomcjones

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 02:10:15 pm »
Your are right. I set it the 16x and the quality is much better.
Tom