Author Topic: No Taxi Lines Inside VC  (Read 13233 times)

PilotJsmith

Re: No Taxi Lines Inside VC
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 07:29:07 pm »
Would there be an update with this tweak?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
Would there be an update with this tweak?

Yes, of course.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 01:04:07 am »
Update is online, it's version 1.0.3, see the top section of the board. Let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

PilotJsmith

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 04:13:04 am »
With the update the taxi line problem is fixed but I still am unable to see the taxi signs and the blue outer taxi lights with a lower setting zoom.

Here is zoomed in:

2010-8-12_22-9-19-381 by smithj94, on Flickr

Here is zoomed out:

2010-8-12_22-9-23-763 by smithj94, on Flickr

duckbilled

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 07:49:54 am »
I have to agree that .40 is extreme. I have found that the best zoom is between .70 and .85 depending on the aircraft. No, I can't see all the instruments but I don't think pilots can either or else they would have never invented heads up displays. It is the same situation in your car. I'm not a pilot but I have sat in the cockpit of a few aircraft and flown a full motion 717 sim. Those cockpits are a lot smaller than they look and the glare shield is pretty close to your face.

You may want to look at you seat position to get a better view. Pan to the right - your head should be roughly even to the position where you would expect the copilot's head to be. Set your seat position there.

Again, I know you will not be able to see all of the instruments but you are not supposed to see all of them. You have to keep your eyes moving around - scanning the instruments and scanning the view outside.

On take off and landing, I do zoom out a little so I can see the PFD, airspeed and altimeter.

EZDok makes these minor on-the-fly adjustments really easy so if you don't have it, you should invest in it. Trust me. I know where you are coming from but there is a better way. It just takes some time to get used to it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 11:29:01 am »
With the update the taxi line problem is fixed but I still am unable to see the taxi signs and the blue outer taxi lights with a lower setting zoom.

That was made intentionally, we increased ONLY the loading range of the taxilines, not the 3d lights and taxisigns, because those are the most demanding objects to draw.

In any case, you should probably have to zoom in a little bit to *read* the taxisigns, and 3d taxilights are really just eye-candy. The actual *lights*, which is what really matters to use the airport, at night, have a much longer visibility range, because are not linked to the 3d object.

B777ER

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 04:47:36 pm »
I was actually having this issue with KLAS. I was using the FSX default zoom of .69 (because i didnt know how to change it). Now that i do, setting it at .80 has fixed it for me. I agre with Umberto, .80 is the most realistic.
Eric