Author Topic: KDFW Taxiway & Artifact Problems  (Read 15423 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Taxiway & Artifact Problems
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 07:54:05 pm »
Yes, sorry I should have said "Mesh resolution", which is measured in m/pixel, not Complexity, which is a linear value from 0 to 100.

The issue is, my current FSX install is in Italian so, when I name a setting for FSX in English, I need to guess what the English term for what I read in Italian might be.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »
I'm glad it worked Michael.

Frankly I was scared to say anything since Umberto said to leave it to him, but it looked like some of the words were mixed around and I couldn't help but open my mouth.

I almost created another account to say something so Umberto wouldn't know it was me, lol.

Silverbird

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 10:23:52 pm »
I'm glad it worked Michael.

Frankly I was scared to say anything since Umberto said to leave it to him, but it looked like some of the words were mixed around and I couldn't help but open my mouth.

I almost created another account to say something so Umberto wouldn't know it was me, lol.
lol Sean he would know it was you from the ip address lol. :D thats the problem with having so many add-ons it causes to many problems.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

truthknown

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 04:48:36 am »
So I see the same artifacts but my mesh resolution is all the way to 1m. Should I dial that back to 10m? Ive only flown in DFW with the MADDOG2008 so far. I am also getting random FSX crashes ever since I installed the DFW scenery but its been happening not locally to DFW, but mostly at DFW so I can't truly link it to the DFW package.

Chris Lezama

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:06 am »
So I see the same artifacts but my mesh resolution is all the way to 1m. Should I dial that back to 10m?

We usually test it at 10m but, it should work with higher settings as well. However, having 10m resolution it's not enough, you also have to set the Mesh Complexity to 100.

its been happening not locally to DFW, but mostly at DFW so I can't truly link it to the DFW package.

If you are having crashes outside 16 nm from KDFW, then you can be sure it's nothing related to it because, nothing of KDFW is loaded after that distance.

truthknown

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 02:30:00 am »
I had it maxed out at 1m with the mesh complexity maxed to 100 as well and I was seeing these artifacts. I moved the slider to 10m and the artifacts dissappeared.

Don't know why im getting these crashes, they are quite annoying, but I will keep looking for an answer... somewhere...  :(

truthknown

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 05:51:39 am »
So i tried to start a flight at DFW with the MADDOG2008 about 5 times tonight and couldnt even get off the gate before FS crashed on me, usually with it saying FSX had a fatal error. I have never seen this before. Thinking back to the other FSX crashes I experienced since i installed DFW, the majority of them were at DFW, or in the air while DFW was in range. The others were in range of other FSDreamteam sceneries (KORD, KLAS).

After the 5th try tonight, i decided to try the reverse route. Loaded up at LGA and flew down to DFW. The flight was uneventful until DFW came in range and loaded up. Then my soundcard went wacky, weird noises started the play like my sound card was crapping out on me. Then it went silent. I was able to complete the flight without FSX crashing on me, but i was soundless the rest of the way into landing and parking.

I am also using FS2Crew Maddog Voice Commander. Since I am experiencing these crashes around FSDT sceneries, maybe its something installed with DFW that is common among the other sceneries that could be causing my crashes? I do not know how to determine what that would be. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 11:05:06 am »
The usual answer is always:

have you tried with a DEFAULT airplane ? This should always be the first step, when trying to understand if a *scenery* has a problem: excluding the airplane first.