Products Support > Dallas FSX/P3D

KDFW Installation

(1/3) > >>

pcubine:
I have downloaded and installed as adminstrator kdfw_fsx_setup.exe. The installation ran to completion with no error messages. When I started FSX the only message I received was about building the scenery library. KDFW is #1 on the list of scenery followed by KJFK, KORD, KBOS. etc. I received no messages about trusting anything. Additionally, in Addons KDFW is not listed. The last airport listed is PHNL. When I set the a/c up at KDFW there is no scenery. any ideas?

Thank you
Michael Cubine

virtuali:

--- Quote from: pcubine on August 07, 2010, 09:54:06 am ---Additionally, in Addons KDFW is not listed. The last airport listed is PHNL.
--- End quote ---

You mean you don't have Dallas in the list of available sceneries from FSDT in the Addon Manager ? If yes, that's why it doesn't work.

If you are sure you haven't seen any error messages during the installation, which means the installation hasn't completed, the only possible reason of this, is that something (most likely the antivirus) has blocked the installation of the current Addon Manager, so you are still on the previous version you had, which doesn't "know" about KDFW.

In this case, try to reinstall the scenery with the antivirus turned OFF then, BEFORE launching FSX, configure it to ignore the following files:

- YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
- YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe

pcubine:
The antivirus was disabled both times I installed KDFW. What should be comfigured to ignore the two files losted?

Thank you
Michael Cubine

virtuali:

--- Quote from: pcubine on August 07, 2010, 10:10:26 am ---What should be comfigured to ignore the two files losted?
--- End quote ---

That's depend how your antivirus works, just refer to its docs.

Note that, there are a few antivirus products (probably McAfee standard version) that don't allow the user to configure the exclusions. In this case, I strongly recommend to switch to a different product, like the free Microsoft Security Essentials, for example, which works fine with our products without any configuration, and doesn't impact on system performance much.

pcubine:
I use Norton Internet Security which I have disabled during the installation of KDFW. I really don't understand what you are talking about disabling  2 file in NIS or FSX. I tried the disabling in FSX and there was no Addon Manager.

Thank you
Michael Cubine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version