Author Topic: DLL.XML when test uninstall and install  (Read 4289 times)

UlfB

DLL.XML when test uninstall and install
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:53:09 pm »
Hi,

For test purpose I did an uninstall of the Zürich 1.3. No problems with the dll.xml file as shown by the attached text file.

I then installed Zürich 1.3 and this messed up the dll.xml file as shown by the attached file. It's an end tag missing after the installer moved the add on manager entry from the end of the file to the beginning of the xml file.

Ulf B

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DLL.XML when test uninstall and install
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:51:18 pm »
As I've said, you must have the only file I'm interested in: the "DLL_XML_Before_Addon_Manager.XML", because it shows how was your DLL.XML BEFORE Installing. That's the only file I can use to track the problem.

Can you please send it via email and not as a forum posting, because forum software might alter text encoding (this IS important ) ? Address is on the "Contact Us" page.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DLL.XML when test uninstall and install
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:22:23 am »
Update

All right, I think I know what's happened...

The Addon Manager section of the XML file was missing the optional tag <ManualLoad> so, the Uninstaller wrongly assumed that a section should be 5 lines of lenght (our installer puts 5 lines, in fact), when in fact it might be also 4, if the optional parameter is left out...I guess Cloud9 or Aereosoft installers probably didn't use the optional line.

Due to this, the Uninstaller deleted 1 line more than it should in this cases.

All right, I've just fixed the Uninstaller for both Zurich and the stand-alone Addon Manager, should be available shortly, the time it takes to upload to the servers.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:32:29 am by virtuali »