Author Topic: Couatl crash with FSLabs A32X (in lbs.)  (Read 256 times)

etocxed

Couatl crash with FSLabs A32X (in lbs.)
« on: March 24, 2024, 11:54:17 pm »
Hello FSDreamteam support,

I'm facing an issue with GSX in P3D 5.4. I'm only flying the A32X from FSLabs and every time I'm requesting "Boarding" I do have the message "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please run Live Update".

I did run Live Update without success, checked if this was specifically on one of FSLabs A32x variants... so far I have seen this issue on all A319, A320, A321 configured with lbs weights. I've tested the A319 configured with kgs weights and in this case, I didn't experience the Couatl crash. I also noticed the following since I started to experience that problem: after requesting boarding via the FSLabs ATSU interface, when I call for a given # of passengers on the A319 with lbs weights, it shows a negative number (-17) for the A319 before to insert my actual # like 132 etc. i.e., negative weights... Interesting!... Last, the crash occurs right after the cargo doors and/or the stairs (or jetway) are set, and also when "Estimate the number of passengers" is active.

I've attached two couatl.log for comparison - the one for a 319 in kgs (no issue) and the other for a 319 in lbs (Couatl crash). Same airport, same gate. Hope this helps... 

Thank for your help. Yann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl crash with FSLabs A32X (in lbs.)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 03:11:45 pm »
Something very strange is happening, since the payload reports as negative. However, there's already a fix online to prevent this case.

etocxed

Re: Couatl crash with FSLabs A32X (in lbs.)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 03:08:45 am »
Hello Umberto,

Many thanks for your quick reply, I assume you meant to re-run the Live update when you said, "there is already a fix online", which I just did. I then tested the A319 in the same settings as above (~100 pax, Denver, weight in lbs.) and I'm happy to report that I didn't experience the crash. I'd assume the issue is closed; will let you know around the WE if this is creeping in again.

Best Regards, Yann