Products Support > KIAH - Houston Intercontinental Airport for MSFS

[SOLVED?] Cannot Load Into KIAH Today?

(1/2) > >>

DFWSupertrooper:
OK, I know this sounds crazy but I'm running out of ideas. Any time I try to load a flight into KIAH today, MSFS begins to load, then the sounds cuts out and then CTD. Same A/C other airports, no problems; different A/C at KIAH - 11 straight CTDs. I've tried 3 different flight plans, different routes, different liveries, different A/C models.

Last good KIAH departure was yesterday evening with PMDG 737-800 SWA to KDAL. Today, I've had other successful flights with PMDG 737-900 & 900ER. I've tried loading the 737-900 & 900ER at KIAH using different destinations, different departure runways and SIDs, different gates...nada. Every single option CTD. Other airports, no error at all.

I've cleaned out all the duplicate PMDG plan files from BOTH folder locations to eliminate that issue.

I've done nothing as far as updates today except a couple of completely unrelated airport updates in Orbx Direct and since then I also updated a couple in Contrail. I've since updated my GSX but there are no KIAH updates pending, so I am out of ideas. Any ideas? Anyone seeing this besides me?

Why my home airport dammit? :-[

DFWSupertrooper:
Tried PMDG 737-800 also, CTD. Turned right around, restarted, loaded new flight, same A/C from KMSP-KJFK, loaded without issue, worked great. I'm only getting CTDs at KIAH for some reason when I try to start a flight there. I'm so confused. Nothing should have changed since yesterday for this airport or these A/C.

I also tried to uninstall/reinstall using the FSDT app...still CTDs loading KIAH. So weird...

DFWSupertrooper:
So, further testing. Loaded PMDG 737-800 from KORD-KIAH. Flight loaded fine, en route all was good. About 2 min into my descent past SWB (headed for 26R via ZEEEK2) CTD same as loading into KIAH. So, I'm going to remove ANY scenery in the Houston area that up to now has been working fine and see if I can load into FSDT's KIAH.

DFWSupertrooper:
Well, after removing every other scenery item around the Houston area and trying to spawn into KIAH, once again CTD. I am now removing FSDT's KIAH and will attempt to spawn into the default KIAH and see if that works with my other scenery in. If that is the case, I can come to no possible conclusion other than something's wrong with FSDT's KIAH all of a sudden. Nothing was updated between my last good flight from there and the first CTD that I am aware of. WU15 had already been loaded prior and GSX wasn't updated until after the first CTD.

DFWSupertrooper:
OK, plot twist...even default KIAH and I get a CTD so...it's apparently not the airport, which is awesome news for both of us! :)

WTH could it be? I've removed every single piece of scenery in the 90 mile radius! I cannot fly into Houston or leave from Houston and it seemingly changed with nothing at all being updated in this area, or even in the sim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version