Author Topic: Did it, but a few questions  (Read 3741 times)

MrSpeaker

Did it, but a few questions
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:27:20 pm »
Well I always wanted your products and now that I have a machine that can run fsx I got the ones I wanted. KORD,KJFK,KFLL,KLAS,PHNL, anyways when installing it says that some reg entries were saved to my home folder they are all there except for KORD. Now why do I need these, can't I just run the installer again and enter my serial #, I plan on upgrading my OS from XP64 to W7 in a month or two, should I save these keys before formatting my HD? Thanks

Ian
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Did it, but a few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:07:51 am »
anyways when installing it says that some reg entries were saved to my home folder they are all there except for KORD

There shouldn't be any reason why it would saved all files, except KORD. Have you activated it ? Because, the .REG files are created only after a successfull activation.

However, it's not a problem, you can create it manually, by using the appropriate option  ("Backup RegKey") of the Addon Manager, for the scenery you need to create a backup .REG key. KORD, in this case.

Now why do I need these, can't I just run the installer again and enter my serial #

Of course you can. These files are ONLY an additional help, so you don't have to enter it manually. They don't do anything strange or unusual, their one and only use, is to save you to enter the Serial Number manually, and that's it.

I plan on upgrading my OS from XP64 to W7 in a month or two, should I save these keys before formatting my HD?

You can lose them, it's not a problem, as long as you have your purchase receipt at hand. And if you also lose your purchase receipt, there's a way to retrieve it yourself from the Esellerate web site, without having to contact us.

It's all explained in the installation guide, named FSDT_INSTALL_GUIDE.PDF, which is found under the FSDreamTeam folder after installing any scenery. Reinstall is discussed starting from Page 9.

And it's also discussed here on the forum, on a Sticky thread in this very section:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:16:34 am by virtuali »

MrSpeaker

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 02:22:56 am »
Thanks I don't know what happened with KORD, it is activated but when I first entered the key the screen went black and fsx stopped responding, had to shut it down but when I restarted fsx it said was active, it works fine aswell, thanks for clearing things up for me about the reinstall process, I should have looked around the forum a bit more, the whole backup reg key for reinstall kinda through me off abit. Anyways great products, will be getting DFW as soon as it comes out.

Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 11:20:52 am »
Thanks I don't know what happened with KORD, it is activated but when I first entered the key the screen went black and fsx stopped responding

It didn't stopped, it's just the registration dialog was behind the main FSX screen, which shouldn't normally happen, but it happens with some video drivers, that have issues with this.

As suggested in the aforementioned Installation guide, at Page 15, at the chapter "Activating your Serial Number", it's best to do the Serial activation when FSX is running in Windowed mode (press ALT+Enter keys), because the problem happens only in Full Screen mode. You can go back to Full screen mode after the scenery is activated.