Author Topic: GSX pro for non airliners?  (Read 1664 times)

tazzharm

GSX pro for non airliners?
« on: July 07, 2023, 08:25:07 pm »
Hey all
was wondering if GSX pro for msfs 2020 would be worth it for a pilot like myself who doesn't fly the large airliners
mainly fly GA
If installed what would I see at an airport?
would the program work with AI traffic? Flybywire AI for example
any help would be great
thanks
Glenn.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 10:23:23 pm by tazzharm »

ATCMikeR

Re: GSX pro for non airliners?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 05:11:06 pm »
I just bought GSX Pro and I am 95% GA. I have got it to work ok but sadly you end up having to delete Stairs, Loading equipment and other airliner type equip, there are also no passengers as you haven't got stairs... which is disappointing. What you do get is great scenery at larger airports lots of vehicles and I love the Follow me vehicle. What you also get as a GA Pilot is a pushback so when I am flying twins Baron or my C310 or my Kodiak it is quite immersive. (You don't need a push back for a C152 as you can do that by hand) LOL. You have to position all the tugs and marshallers and catering and GPU once. But when that is done it remembers all the positions for next time you go up. You get random male and female marshaller's too which is nice Plus you get all the RT from the marshaller etc inserting the Bypass keys and telling you to take Parking brake off or telling you off for releasing it when you should not etc.

Is it worth it?? IMHO Not at the moment for GA flying anyway, if you are thinking of dipping your toes in to the Airliners scene then yes it looks amazing. I am holding out hope that they develop something within the program for us mortals that just fly GA, maybe one day fingers crossed. I am still learning it all at the moment so I might discover other things I can do for my GA flying experience.

tazzharm

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 08:50:07 pm »
hey ATCMikeR
thank you so much for taking the time to reply
I was begining to wonder if anyone would.
your detailed description is great.
had the gsx for FSXSE years ago and it added more ground traffic and such if memory is correct and wasn't sure if it did the same.
I'm currently using NEOFLY and trying to build up my airline to earn enough for a nice plane.  that's why I was wondering if GSX pro would add more to the airports to give more of an eye candy experience.
Hopefully they will add more to it for us GA pilots.
Wonder at what type of plane would it be usefull for passengers? small private jets and such
thanks again and more info if you got it.
they should make a sticky on what works and what doesn't
Glenn.

ATCMikeR

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 08:03:13 pm »
I am just starting using the CJ4 standard edition and its great for learning the FMU etc. But again as none of the doors work and they dont need steps to get in so GSX is a bit redundant. Smallest airliner I guess would be the BA146 or B737 by PMDG but that's another £60. Maybe the Team will read this and hopefully provide some feedback for us GA pilots.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 08:30:51 pm »
The only thing that I can add, I use FSX and GSX2 and my two favorite GA is the FSX default King Air and the Lear Jet.  GSX2 does provide passenger service with stairs and bus service at smaller airports without jetways. Yes, the aircraft doors do open and you can see the passengers board and deplane. Works very well with FSX default aircraft, but remember GSX does not always work with all third party aircraft.
My favorite passenger jet of FSX default Boeing 737-800 which gets the full meal deal from GSX2.
It's a great combination with less frustration if you want to use all the benefits of GSX.

ATCMikeR

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 10:29:25 pm »
Thanks will try it with some default aircraft as I am getting nowhere with the Kodiak in MSFS. Maybe the Baron will work I hope

ATCMikeR

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 05:23:32 pm »
I am getting better at this, managed to get passengers loading on my Kodiak now by using 'intergrated steps' in the 3D design page on GSX. Also had the pax walking from the terminal building to my aircraft. Next up using the bus to deliver pax and sorting out de icing. Once i have done that I will make a YouTube video about it and make my fortune 😀

tazzharm

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2023, 08:14:33 pm »
I am getting better at this, managed to get passengers loading on my Kodiak now by using 'intergrated steps' in the 3D design page on GSX. Also had the pax walking from the terminal building to my aircraft. Next up using the bus to deliver pax and sorting out de icing. Once i have done that I will make a YouTube video about it and make my fortune 😀

it would be interesting to see how you did that.  any way you could post a vid on it?