Author Topic: Double AFCAD Listings  (Read 2775 times)

elysion

Double AFCAD Listings
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »
Dear FsDt Team

Great product and I am enjoying all of them.

I have noticed in the airport scanner application that there are several airports which are listed double, is this meant to be a fix to the altitude issue of FSX?

can i backup and remove the second listing where the .bgl file is located in the world scenery which is FSX default for that airport and leaving the FsDt specific file only?

I assume two files would cause fps hits?

Thanks
Stephan

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Double AFCAD Listings
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »
If it was meant to be removed or disabled, the installer would've done so.  Unless you're having issues, I'd leave them there.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double AFCAD Listings
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »
You should normally remove only duplicates AFCAD coming from *other* products (usually AI traffic packages), some of our sceneries have two and in some cases three AFCADs (JFK has a separate file for Approaches), and some are put into the Scenery\World\Scenery folder, when there's a need to change altitude compared to the default scenery.

If you are not sure what to remove, it's best to Uninstall our scenery first, then scan for duplicates, remove them, and reinstall our scenery.