Author Topic: Flytampa OMDB constant Airport cache reload  (Read 1935 times)

joesamashin

Flytampa OMDB constant Airport cache reload
« on: March 10, 2023, 07:05:14 am »
Hi guys.
I have spent hours trying to find out why this happens and I can't seem to figure this out.
At certain times, when I try to load up the sim at Flytamp OMDB rebooted, the sim goes into "Airport Cache successfully loaded" Loop and the Jetways constantly reloads.
I have installed the GSX by following this section of the forum.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19162.0.html

I have added the .log file to see if anyone are able to see anything in there to assist me with what could be the problem.

I do not have this problem with any other Sceneries with GSX installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flytampa OMDB constant Airport cache reload
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:00:06 am »
Your log seems to indicate you exited from the sim while it was still adding custom jetways from the airport profile.

Also, is there a particular reason why you are using an outdated P3D 5.2, instead of the latest version ?

joesamashin

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 01:24:40 pm »
Your log seems to indicate you exited from the sim while it was still adding custom jetways from the airport profile.

I see.. I don't think I exited prematurely as it was in a constant loop of "Airport Cache successfully loaded" loop.. By the time when I exited. Its already looped over 5 times and the Jetways disappearing and reappearing while doing it.

Also, is there a particular reason why you are using an outdated P3D 5.2, instead of the latest version ?

Yes.. As I have made a lot of customization within the sim, I can't see the reason to go to 5.3. But surely this is not because I'm not using version 5.3?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 03:25:51 pm »
I see.. I don't think I exited prematurely as it was in a constant loop of "Airport Cache successfully loaded" loop.. By the time when I exited. Its already looped over 5 times and the Jetways disappearing and reappearing while doing it.

The problem is, according to your log, the program restarted BECAUSE it received a "quit" command from the simulator, as if it exited, that's why you think you are in a "loop", because each time the sim says it has quitted, it will cause a restart.

Yes.. As I have made a lot of customization within the sim, I can't see the reason to go to 5.3. But surely this is not because I'm not using version 5.3?

Not sure what customizations you are referring to, but I can't think of any that would prevent you from updating it. I don't think it's related to your problem, but it makes troubleshooting all the more complex.

joesamashin

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 10:31:53 pm »
The problem is, according to your log, the program restarted BECAUSE it received a "quit" command from the simulator, as if it exited, that's why you think you are in a "loop", because each time the sim says it has quitted, it will cause a restart.

So the sim thinks that I have exited the sim? Cause I'm just sitting at the gate. And the loop goes on and on.
I have to exit the sim as it's never ending. This only happens at Flytampa OMDB.

Not sure what customizations you are referring to, but I can't think of any that would prevent you from updating it. I don't think it's related to your problem, but it makes troubleshooting all the more complex.

Customizations like Traffic, Airport scenery etc.. Something that will take hours and hours to rebuild if I were to go to 5.3..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 12:35:54 am »
So the sim thinks that I have exited the sim? Cause I'm just sitting at the gate. And the loop goes on and on. I have to exit the sim as it's never ending. This only happens at Flytampa OMDB.

That's what is sending to GSX. It doesn't mean "you" exited, it just exited, GSX got the message, and exited too.

Customizations like Traffic, Airport scenery etc.. Something that will take hours and hours to rebuild if I were to go to 5.3..

Not sure why you think this is the case but not, you can easily update to 5.3 without having to reinstall anything. I don't think it will fix your problem, but it's best knowing you CAN update without reinstall any add-on.

At least those that don't modify core files of the sim by overwriting them, which is a practice that is really useless (and whatever add-on still using it, exposed to public shame) in P3D, since with the add-on.xml method, any file can be overridden without having to change any file of the simulator.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 04:05:15 pm »
I'm seeing this as well.

Video: https://streamable.com/f6xd82

Log attached.

joesamashin

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 02:48:27 am »
That's what is sending to GSX. It doesn't mean "you" exited, it just exited, GSX got the message, and exited too.
Okay. Thanks for the info. So lets go back to this issue. What does this mean? And any insight to what could be causing this?
Is it the Traffic? the AED? GSX file?

Not sure why you think this is the case but not, you can easily update to 5.3 without having to reinstall anything. I don't think it will fix your problem, but it's best knowing you CAN update without reinstall any add-on.

At least those that don't modify core files of the sim by overwriting them, which is a practice that is really useless (and whatever add-on still using it, exposed to public shame) in P3D, since with the add-on.xml method, any file can be overridden without having to change any file of the simulator.

I'm so sorry, but I don't quite get this part.
As far as I'm concerned, to go to V5.3, as according to the official P3d website, it says this.

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2021/12/120925/

They are saying they recommend to fully uninstall previous version and reinstall to V5.3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 01:51:37 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, to go to V5.3, as according to the official P3d website, it says this.

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2021/12/120925/

They are saying they recommend to fully uninstall previous version and reinstall to V5.3.

Nowhere it says you are also required to uninstall all the add-ons, which is what you said you didn't want to "lose". 

I think LM suggests that method, but only to be sure users will update the Content and the Scenery as well, meaning using the Client only won't work. However, you can just install the Full installer over an existing installation, and it will usually work, a complete uninstall is rarely required.

But even in case you would need to Uninstall, I also replied with this case:

Proper P3D add-ons that don't modify any files in the sim, are possible since the add-on.xml method has been introduced with P3D 3.4.

Those add-ons can survive even a FULL uninstall/reinstall of the simulator with no issues, because on the next restart, provided their add-on.xml is in the correct "auto-discovery" folder, which is the Documents\Prepar3d Addons folder, you'll be asked if you wanted to reactivate your add-ons.

GSX of course is fully compliant with this, and most of the more recent add-ons also are but, if you still have add-ons using legacy installation methods inherited from FSX, which places their files directly in the simulator own folder, you can use something the popular Lorby's Addon Organizer ( P4AO ), which can convert those add-ons to the add-on.xml method, which will make updating the simulator easier.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:53:38 pm by virtuali »

joesamashin

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 03:58:41 pm »
Ok. Thanks for the info.

But what is this got to do with the issue I am currently having?
Is this a known issue with V5.2?

yurirodin

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 04:38:56 pm »
Ok. Thanks for the info.

Is this a known issue with V5.2?

Hello,
This has nothing to do with your issue. I have P3Dv5.2 and FlyTampa OMDB with GSX gates and do not see this issue. So this is something not related to V5.2 or v5.3. I have to say that I support your decision to stay with v5.2. When I upgraded to v5.3 it broke many airports including FSDT KMEM (issue posted here and elsewhere) because of the way P3D treats platforms in v5.3. If you upgrade from v5.2 to 5.3 you will see the user vehicle hovering above the ground in some or all areas of the effected airports. I uninstalled the client for v5.3 and reinstalled the client for v5.2 and the hovering issues went away. ORBX KTEX at the start of one of the runways, Flightbeam KPHX in certain areas of the ramp, and Sim-wings Malaga Professional V5 are some examples with this problem. I would keep v5.2 until LM comes out with a version of P3D that resolves this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 05:19:46 pm »

As I've already said in one of my previous replies, it won't likely change anything, it just makes support harder for us, if not everybody is on the same version of the major supported simulators ( FSX, P3D4 and 5 ).

I just checked FlyTampa OMDB right now, and it works just fine. Are you using a custom GSX Profile for it ? If yes, please ZIP the profile and Attach it to a post, maybe there's a problem with it.

Schlotterknie

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 12:10:45 pm »
I use the gsx file from iniBuilds (https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/file/855-flytampa-dubai/) and I have exactly the same problem.

Latest P3Dv5 version. Couatl.log looks similar to the others that have been posted here.
I somehow managed to get that restarting stopped. I just don't really know how. At the point when I was fast enough to dock the gsx jetways this annoying gsx-restarting sudenly stopped and also ai traffic got connected to the jetways.
This is surely not an issue with any other addon.