Author Topic: No buildings at Zürich  (Read 8251 times)

Hor1463

No buildings at Zürich
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:13:01 pm »
Hi, I bought your scenery and everythnig works well. Then I download the update 1.2 (I have the FS 9-Version) and I have AES last version. Today that happens, I landed at Zürich and when I contact the Followme Car from AES to drive to gate, all buildings and groundtexture goes away, you can only see the gate bridges.
What´s happend??

Can you help me.

Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at Zürich
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:22:33 pm »
Please, be more specific:

Were you able to use AES with previous versions, and the problem happened only in 1.2 OR, you never tried AES before ?

Hor1463

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:48:17 pm »
I think, that is is a AES (last version) problem. When I ask for the Followme -Car the buildings go away, after resetting the follwome-car with F1, the building are there. Ask again for followme, the buildings go away and so on. I have only problems with the last version of AES.
Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:34:58 pm »
It might be related to the follow me model, using same variables we need for the scenery. Did it work with a previous AES version ? I think you should post the question in Aerosoft's AES forums as well.

OPabst

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 08:32:26 am »
Hi,

please download the AES Installer again and run the Installer without deinstalling the old one before.
In the Installerversion downloaded before the 31.12.07 was a "debug" info left in the code.

Brdgs,
Oliver Pabst
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:35:10 pm by virtuali »
brgds
Oliver Pabst

Uran70

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 01:53:02 am »
Hi! I have like this pbroblem too. When I load the scenery, I can't see the terminals! But I don't use AES in this case. What is it?   

Schefflm

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 01:38:03 pm »
Hi FSDreamteam,

first of all: thanks for your great scenery products. Absolutly amazing!

I have the same problem with LSZH too. From start up the scenerie is deactiveted. There ist not even the trial-time anymore! It is not a difference whether I use AES (1.95) or not.

I have reinstalled the newest addon Manager, LSZH 1.3 and the registration-key now for three times..although nothing happened!

Does anybody know the problem?

thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 05:01:50 pm »
First, from your description is not really clear what your problem is.

If the scenery is not activated it will NOT disappear! It will run in Trial mode for 5 minutes. So, if it simply doesn't show up, that's nothing related to activation instead, it's always something entirely different.

There's a very simple way to tell if there are any activation issues, just select the "About" option for that scenery. If it says "Active", then IT IS active, and you can safely exclude about activation problems in this case.

If the scenery doesn't appear at all, it might be due to one of the following reasons:

- The Addon Manager is not even running. This can be easily detected, because there's no Addon Manager menu. Typical cause for this, it's a bugged antivirus program that mistakenly identifies it as an unknown virus, and disable it.

- The Scenery hasn't been added to the Scenery Library. This is quite easy to check.

- There's another scenery in conflict for the same area that is excluding it. Solution is disable it. Some sceneries, usually freeware, don't have proper uninstallers, and they usually keep trace of it, even in the scenery library or modify parts of the default scenery, that it's difficult to identify.

- Installation didn't complete and the scenery wasn't added the Scenery Library, because your scenery.cfg had a syntax error inside with an illegal command, due to having hand-edited. This it's usually easy to spot, because the installer will issue an error message.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:04:51 pm by virtuali »

Schefflm

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:52:41 pm »
Hi thanks for your quick reaction.

Sorry for my unclear description:

I took a look at your hints and her`s still the problem: please take a look at the enclosed screenshot. The message on the screen appears directly after the Loading Menue + AES 1.95 in use.

1. the "About" menue shows that the scenerie ist "Active"
2. The Addon Manager menu ist in the menue bar - at any time i can save a registration key backup of LSZH
3. The Scenerie ist active in the FS scenery-library - The scenerie appears after loading but only in the "after trial design"
4. Directly after the Loading Menue the scenery jumps to that locked status. There is not a trial time anymore
5. The Installer finish completly right - the only exception is that the installer don`t register the scenery in the FS library automatically - I have to do it manually (but there isn`t an installer error message)
6. I have not another Scenery for this area
7. I try it with and without AES (i already asked Oliver Papst if theres a problem with AES)

7 i hope there is a solution. I don`t want to reinstall the Flightsimulator

Thanks alot

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 11:08:02 pm »
The message you are seeing on screen it's coming from AES.

However, your description is still very unclear. You are saying there's no trial anymore. What does that mean?

Do you see the green sign stating the Trial has started ? You shouldn't, because the Addon Manager says the scenery IS active, so there's no Trial anymore, the scenery will run in full registered mode.

If, for any reason, the scenery doesn't appear even if it's labeled as Active, it's nothing related to the activation/registration. It must be something else, like scenery files missing or installation that did not complete.

You are saying that the installation didn't automatically put Zurich in the Scenery Library. This shouldn't happen and, if it does, it's caused by an error in your scenery.cfg that was already there before the installation. In this case, the installation doesn't complete properly, that's why you are not seeing the scenery, because you are missing the scenery files!

Please, send me by EMAIL your scenery.cfg, so I can check it and eventually fix it.

Of course, I'm assuming you are using the latest version of Zurich. If in doubt, please download again the installer and try again.

Schefflm

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:45:31 pm »
Hello,

thanks for your offer! I will sent you my scenery.cfg by mail this evening!

you are right, the problem is: for any reason, the scenery doesn`t appear complete although it is active!

I use Zurich 1.3. I think it`s the lates version.

Thanks

Schefflm

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 10:00:48 am »
Hello virtuali,

yesterday i looked more exactly at the scenery.cfg...and i solved the problem!

i changed (i deleted the Folder "scenery") in the follwing entries:

[Area.116]
Title=Zurich terrain
Local=FSDreamteam\Zurich\Terrain\scenery  (now Local=FSDreamteam\Zurich\Terrain)
Layer=116
Active=TRUE

[Area.117]
Title=Zurich
Local=FSDreamteam\Zurich\scenery (now Local=FSDreamteam\Zurich)
Layer=117
Active=TRUE

thanks again to your support and your usefull hint to look a little bit more exactly at the scenery.cfg