Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71342 times)

adlouah

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2022, 07:52:30 am »
Hi everyone and thanks fsdt for releasing GSX for MSFS.

I've got the same engine error as everyone else and I tried all the tricks and copied the files provided in this post. Please find attached my couatl file. Looking forward to getting support with this so that I can enjoy GSX.

Best
adlouah

Kindly referring to this post of me where I attached my log file. Can this please be analysed? Please note that I can’t run the live update due to the “unhandled exception” error popping up when trying to start.

pdp

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2022, 11:34:18 am »
This is my log file. I've uninstalled and re-installed GSX for both MSFS and P3D.

As an aside, something seems to have broken SODE jetways on P3D with GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2022, 11:38:24 am »
This is my log file. I've uninstalled and re-installed GSX for both MSFS and P3D.

your error has been discussed in several posts, and it's the sure indication you haven't got the latest files, because the servers in your area haven't completed sync all new files, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg173512.html#msg173512

and follow the suggestions there.

pdp

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2022, 11:45:07 am »

your error has been discussed in several posts, and it's the sure indication you haven't got the latest files, because the servers in your area haven't completed sync all new files, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg173512.html#msg173512

and follow the suggestions there.

I did that, and now GSX in both P3D and MSFS is broken.

I've even tried VPNing to a couple different regions (New York and Italy) of the world and still no dice.

Elmeon

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2022, 11:54:45 am »
I had the same issue, solved by unistall everything and doing a clean reinstall.
The thing is that probably is not possible to keep both the MSFS and the P3D versions, because I installed first the MSFS one, checked the sim and everything was working, then I installed again the P3D version, checked again and the issue is back!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2022, 11:58:47 am »
The thing is that probably is not possible to keep both the MSFS and the P3D versions, because I installed first the MSFS one, checked the sim and everything was working, then I installed again the P3D version, checked again and the issue is back!

We obviously tested both MSFS version and P3D version, and they surely work together. But it would be best if you install the MSFS last.

pdp

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2022, 11:59:38 am »

We obviously tested both MSFS version and P3D version, and they surely work together. But it would be best if you install the MSFS last.

Which is what I did, and still everything has caught fire.

concordeag

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2022, 12:11:10 pm »
Hello Umberto, again,

I followed all your instructions I could find so far (live update, redownloading the installer, uninstalling all fsdt products incl. the addon manager and manually removing all leftover files, redownloading the installer/live update),...

On any addon scenery (tested various, free/payware, including Basel) the Menu will not appear. On default airports it does - once.  Selecting something (stairs/gpu or something else) some vehicles are spawned, and nothing further happens.

The log indicates some files are missing.

As I'm residing in Switzerland, as you do, I assume we're in the same Cloudflare region. Trying various VPN locations doesn't help either.

After trying now for hours to get your product working, I'm really disappointed now. And the only thing I read over and over again is: Try again.
Doing so much troubleshooting for a product which doesn't work (or the installer/infrastructure/file distribution logic/... is broken) can't be expected and you may have to rethink the way this product gets distributed. Right now, it's very frustrating.

Please find attached the newest log from the freshly installed product, with a test in Malta (default scenery) with the Fenix A320. - I confirm, that everything has been uninstalled/deleted/cleaned/reinstalled/reactivated before I ran the test.
I also only have MSFS installed.

Regards
Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2022, 12:14:04 pm »
As I'm residing in Switzerland, as you do, I assume we're in the same Cloudflare region. Trying various VPN locations doesn't help either.

Your log doesn't indicate a caching problem, as if you got older files. It seems something must have happened during the installation of the 2nd package gsx-world-of-jetways, which includes lots of object required by GSX. It's normally installed together with the first package, gsx-pro so, check this:

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-pro in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of jetways in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

If not, uninstall and reinstall, and pay attention if there are any errors.

concordeag

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2022, 12:22:26 pm »
Hello Umberto,

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of jetways in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

I do have a linked "world of jetways" but the target folder does not exist.
I uninstalled it again, reinstalled it again, no change. The jetways folder is missing within the addon manager\msfs directory.

Edit: Liveupdate does not detect the missing folder, and hence won't update it. I created it manually now and liveupdate does import files now. I'll report back.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:31:29 pm by concordeag »

pdp

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2022, 12:31:25 pm »

Your log doesn't indicate a caching problem, as if you got older files. It seems something must have happened during the installation of the 2nd package gsx-world-of-jetways, which includes lots of object required by GSX. It's normally installed together with the first package, gsx-pro so, check this:

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-pro in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

Yes, they're both there and linked from Community.

concordeag

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2022, 12:32:58 pm »

Can you open the world of jetways folder? for me, I got an error... Folder hasn't been downloaded/installed by the installer.
If so, create a folder "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS directory and then re-run the liveupdater.... I get a ton of of new files as we speak.

pdp

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2022, 12:44:50 pm »

Can you open the world of jetways folder? for me, I got an error... Folder hasn't been downloaded/installed by the installer.
If so, create a folder "fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS directory and then re-run the liveupdater.... I get a ton of of new files as we speak.

Yes, there are a few folders and a couple of JSON files in the root.

airbadger

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2022, 01:08:49 pm »
same problem here,

If you mean you already checked your log and noticed you have the same error as the previous posters:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'

Then yes, you DO have the same error so, as suggested for the others, try a complete uninstall and reinstall:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying we need to delete the whole of the "Addon Manager" folder? Completely delete all P3D and MSFS products?

Empire

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2022, 01:10:39 pm »
Works after awhile. I just waited and it worked.

Doing a clean install would help also as I had GSX for P3D V5