Author Topic: Returning user to GSX for FSX and P3D  (Read 909 times)

Dkentflyer

Returning user to GSX for FSX and P3D
« on: November 06, 2021, 02:26:53 pm »
Hello I hope you are well

After some time away from flight simulation due to ill health I am now able to get back into the cockpit and do some virtual flying. I bought GSX and the Level 2 quite a while ago and i have never really used it. After watching some youtube videos I was very impressed with the features that it offers and I would like to use it but before i do I have a few questions that I really hope someone can answer.

I run FSX steam and P3D V4.5 on one pc and would like to install the base GSX for FSX and GSX+Level 2 for P3D, can i do this? (am worried that they will interfere with each other)

I have another PC running FSX boxed and would like to run base GSX on that one too do i need to purchase another copy?

My current aircraft of choice is the B1900D from Carenado is it possible to use GSX to do refueling for this plane? I gather i need some sort of file?

Many thanks

Daz

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Returning user to GSX for FSX and P3D
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 03:34:56 pm »
Daz, GSX should be able to run in both simulators without issue. That said, in order to use GSX Level 2, you must have base GSX installed and activated, so you would need base GSX in P3D if you're going to run GSX Level 2 anyway. As for GSX being run on multiple computers, I don't think that should be an issue as long as you own both computers. I haven't run into issues, anyway. Perhaps Umberto could better answer this. As for the B1900D, GSX should be able to refuel it, but I'm not sure if there's a GSX configuration file for it provided by FSDreamteam, if somebody created one and uploaded it on the forum, or if you need to create one yourself. Hope this helps.
Captain Kevin

Dkentflyer

Re: Returning user to GSX for FSX and P3D
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 01:04:12 pm »
Thank you for your reply, am not that great at learning things these days but i managed to install both GSX and L2 for P3D so far, I have also made a GSX.cfg file for the B1900D by copying and pasting the text from the plane sharing section.  Apart from the GPU being set at the middle of the plane it's working really well.