Author Topic: USS Nimitz Glideslope Cam. Help?  (Read 4487 times)

Imaslipper

USS Nimitz Glideslope Cam. Help?
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
Hey guys, just wondering how do you get into the glide slope view on the Javier's Nimitz to help out a friend...etc? I thought i saw something fsuipc or something?
“Nothing can stop the attack of aircraft except other aircraft.” -Billy Mitchell

Razgriz

Re: USS Nimitz Glideslope Cam. Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:24:19 pm »
That is a mission view on the Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz mission by Orion Lyau.  If you have the mission, when you're landed on the deck, right click, go to Custom Views (views, something that says views), and click PLAT Camera.  You can also use J.R.'s PLAT gauge, which will show you the zulu time and the needles for precision LSO.

Carrier Ops Mission Here (multiplayer)

PLAT Camera link  If you can't find the download, heres a direct link to the download.

When using both the PLAT Camera view and the PLAT Camera gauge, this is the result (taken from the Carrier Ops Mission thread, all credit to Orion Lyau).

P.S. The term PLAT Camera has been thrown around a lot, if you're unsure what it means, read on.
The PLAT Camera is the Pilot Landing Aid Television.  They are on all the TVs on all of the boats, and also used by the LSO at his workstation to help judge the lineup and glide slope of an aircraft, as well as other information such as speed.  It records all of the takeoffs and all of the landings on an aircraft carrier.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:30:14 pm by Razgriz »

Orion

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:21:07 am »
Yep, basically what Duncan said, but the PLAT camera gauge displays local time, not GMT :P.  J.R.'s PLAT camera gauge is included in the package, but not automatically installed to your aircraft - you have to do that part manually (it's simple though).

I believe the exact wording is Right click -> Custom -> PLAT.

Imaslipper

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:28:53 am »
ok thanks a lot guys appreciate it.  -Slipper
“Nothing can stop the attack of aircraft except other aircraft.” -Billy Mitchell