Author Topic: Passengers  (Read 1634 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Passengers
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:43:29 pm »
I'm using P3D4.5 and the Prosim737 flight model and I have a question.  I have passengers boarding/unboarding the aircraft but no passengers in the seats after boarding.  Is that something Prosim would have to incorporate in their flight model and could they coordinate that with GSX boarding and unboarding?

Another question.  I use the Prosim Instructor Operating Station to load passengers and cargo.  Ex.  I loaded 11,810 lbs. of cargo and 22,874 lbs of passengers, total payload 23,009 lbs.  22,874 / 170 lbs per passenger = 135 passengers.  When GSX starts to load passengers it says the total is 158.  I added up the passengers and crew in P3D Payload and it was 22,873.94, so it agreed with Prosim. Does GSX not read the wait in P3D?

Jerry

MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:51:00 pm »
I have passengers boarding/unboarding the aircraft but no passengers in the seats after boarding. 

You are not supposed to have them. Hundreds of (animated) passengers being transported for the whole flight will kill your frame rate.

total payload 23,009 lbs.  22,874 / 170 lbs per passenger = 135 passengers.  When GSX starts to load passengers it says the total is 158.  I added up the passengers and crew in P3D Payload and it was 22,873.94, so it agreed with Prosim. Does GSX not read the wait in P3D?

Yes, of course it reads the weight of all the payload stations but, since there's no way to know if they passengers or cargo, the simulator simply doesn't support that so, GSX calculated the number of passenger with the only data it has, which was the total payload.

If an airplane has a number of passengers, its its own simulation, like GSX so, if airplane developers would like to have GSX agree to their numbers, they can set some variables to do so in their code, as explained in the last pages of the manual.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 02:55:23 am »
In P3Dv4 in the Fuel and Payload screen it does show separate weights for Forward and Aft Cargo and for three sections of Coach, Business, Crew and Pilots.  Can GSX not get the total of passengers from there?

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 03:35:09 am »
In P3Dv4 in the Fuel and Payload screen it does show separate weights for Forward and Aft Cargo and for three sections of Coach, Business, Crew and Pilots.  Can GSX not get the total of passengers from there?
The problem is that anybody can change the names to whatever they want via the aircraft.cfg. In fact, anybody can also change the position of the payload stations via the aircraft.cfg. How is GSX supposed to know which is which since the payload stations themselves in the aircraft.cfg are just values. In the PMDG Boeing 747-400, the payload stations there for the passengers are Upper Deck, Zone A, Zone B, Zone C, Zone D, and Zone E. The PMDG 737-800 lists them as Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4. Then the PMDG Boeing 777-200ER simply lists them as First, Business, and Economy. How would GSX know those are for passenger weights.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 09:53:48 am »

And that's exactly what GSX does but, as Kevin already explained, there's no unambigous way to know what a payload station represent (like a "type" parameter), so it can be anything, from a single person, to a combination of many passengers+cargo. The name can be anything, so GSX cannot reliably tell what a payload station represent.

That's why GSX calls that an "estimate" of the passenger number, and that's why you can turn the option Off, and put the exact number of passenger yourself.

And, GSX also has a documented set of variables that airplane developers can use to communicate the passenger number themselves to GSX, which is what several developers like FS Labs, Aerosoft, Leonardo, etc. are doing, so you won't have to manually confirm the passenger number the plane has already calculated by itself.