Author Topic: GSX Activation  (Read 1732 times)

DC-6 driver

GSX Activation
« on: June 22, 2021, 12:53:16 am »
I purchased the bundle package (GSX Ground Services with GSX Level 2) yesterday for p3d v4.5. Received email confirmation with two download links along with the activation keys. First download included in the email was for GSX Ground Services basic, second download link was supposed to be for the Level 2. Both indicated the exact same amount of megabytes!?!

Downloaded first zip file as described in the email for the GSX Ground Services. When I unzipped to a folder on my desktop all files indicated level 2 bins (2-1, 2-2 2-3 etc.)

I saw no mention of GSX Ground Services (basic). I installed the program following the enclosed instructions; even though those instructions are primarily for FSX (I do not have FSX on my machine)

I then opened p3d v4.5 and GSX program continued the installation process. I then went to the Addon icon within p3d and selected activation process per instructions. I manually typed this sequence of characters per instructions. (I did not err between the characters 0 and O)
A message popped up and stated the key activation was not valid!?! I tried again with the other activation key. Activation was again rejected.

I have since uninstalled using the add/remove programs via Win 10. Although quite a bit is left behind, I don’t think it would be an issue on reinstallation. Of course…… that is only my opinion which may very well be incorrect.

Would appreciate some help from those in the know to resolve the aforementioned.

Don

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Activation
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 01:53:41 am »
First, there is only one installer for GSX. After you run the installer, you would load up the simulator, go into the Add-on Manager, and then activate both GSX Level 1 and 2. The best way to do this is to copy and paste the serial number. You'll want to activate GSX Level 1 first since GSX Level 2 requires GSX Level 1. Hope this helps.
Captain Kevin

DC-6 driver

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 03:02:14 pm »
Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I had obviously done something wrong during my previous attempts. Successfully activated. All is good now. Thanks for your advice

Don

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 04:05:36 pm »
If I had to guess, the O/0 and I/1 probably did it when you manually typed it in.
Captain Kevin