Author Topic: Live update stock at 44%  (Read 5060 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live update stock at 44%
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 11:18:22 am »
As explained so many times, you should NOT "disable" the antivirus, because it might continue to interfere, unless you stop their low-level service or uninstall them entirely. I witnessed this many times so no, even if "looks" disabled, it really isn't.

That's why we never suggested to disable the antivirus but, instead, configure it to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. In this case, the faulty antivirus was installed in the user router, which blocked the Live Update from updating itself, and replaced it with a corrupted .EXE:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25108.0.html

Another user here who couldn't complete the Live Update and, of course, it was the antivirus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25141.msg165751.html#msg165751
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:20:11 am by virtuali »

LEdwards2012

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 11:29:02 am »
When it first failed I had the whole Addon Manager folder as an exclusion. I have been running Live Update for years without issues until recently.

I tried disabling antivirus to see if that made any difference, it didn't. I also tried disabling the Firewall as an experiment to see if Live Update would complete.

I've just tried removing the exclusion and adding it back and Live update fails with a message "The remote server returned an error. (404). Not Found. "

Please stop blaming the users who are following your instructions as if they don't listen, it gets very tiresome. Can you do a remote session and try and work out why it's failing please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
I've just tried removing the exclusion and adding it back and Live update fails with a message "The remote server returned an error. (404). Not Found. "

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

Please stop blaming the users who are following your instructions as if they don't listen, it gets very tiresome. Can you do a remote session and try and work out why it's failing please?

I'm not "blaming" anybody.

If you read most of the threads, which so many users reporting it WAS fixed after they configured the antivirus, it's clear for THOSE users a reminder to to that WAS useful so, please, stop blaming me for repeating something that has been proven useful for many.

In YOUR case, you first said you had the updater stuck on some files at KLAS but NOW, you are saying:

"I've just tried removing the exclusion and adding it back and Live update fails with a message "The remote server returned an error. (404). Not Found."

If this is really exactly what happened, it's clear in your case acting on the antivirus DID make a difference, how else you would explain a CHANGE in the result by JUST acting the antivirus ?

A 404 error means a file could not be found, which of course it's not possible, since the files are all there (if it were really "missing" they would be missing for everybody, not just you) but, without a more precise report, it's difficult to understand WHICH file wasn't found, because you don't say exactly when that message appeared, for example at the start of the program, or while it was downloading something, and if yes *what* it was downloading.

Could you please check the Digital Signature of this file ?

Addon Manager\Couatl_updater2.exe

The most important things I need to know are:

- If the digital signature is valid

- The exact date/time of the signature ( if it's valid )

LEdwards2012

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 01:37:42 pm »
The first few times I tried I was getting a 'could not create ssl/tls secure channel' error when it got to KLAS, which I could click through and then it would hang. The next day I was getting the 404 error (at the same point in the update process) and then clicking through would cause the updater to CTD, again at the same KLAS file. I don't know if removing and re-adding the folder exclusion would cause the different error. Anyway, I tried again just now (after not trying yesterday) and having not changed anything on my system, updater now completes successfully so I guess the files are now fixed. Thank you for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 04:29:41 pm »
Anyway, I tried again just now (after not trying yesterday) and having not changed anything on my system, updater now completes successfully so I guess the files are now fixed.

We haven't fixed any files.

In the past days, we updated the updater itself a couple of times so it won't be stuck if a file was missing on your local cloudflare node ( with 260 nodes around the world, it takes some days before all of them are completely replicated ) and it's now using a backup server in this case.

That's why I asked you the date/time of your updater, to be sure your antivirus didn't blocked from getting the latest version, which shouldn't froze anymore, even if a file is not found. Again, not because it's really missing from our server, but because it could be missing from your local cloudflare node. But since it's now solved for you as well, it seems you finally got the latest version of the installer so, maybe, the last time you disabled/enabled the antivirus must have changed something.