Author Topic: LSZH AF2 - New Problem  (Read 8891 times)

global express

LSZH AF2 - New Problem
« on: October 08, 2009, 01:23:45 pm »
Hi there,

I've got a problem with the mostly brilliant LSZH AFCAD file for FS9.

Aircraft are being told to either land on 32 or 10, but in the AFCAD file I have rw 32 closed for landing, and rw 10 closed for landing and takeoff, yet ATC are still directly aircraft there?

If the wind is southerly, aircraft (in real life) land on ILS rw 34 or 28.

I'm an experienced FS user so I know a/c don't always land on the rws we want them to, but in the AF2 file I have 32 and 10 both closed for landing, so surely 34 should be in use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Alex Peake

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: LSZH AF2 - New Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:29:46 pm »
Hi

In 99 % of the time (if it is still like that) aircrafts use 14 and 16 for landing (sometimes 28) and 16 and 28 for takeoff. They almost never use all the other 3 runways. Even if the winds are blowing in other directions they are normally not so heavy which means that those runways are normally "available".

harpsi

dr_watson

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:10:48 am »
Thats not what he is asing.

Aircraft always land on RW28 after 9pm at LSZH, I know that much.  The last of the heavies have arrived by then.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:51:52 pm »
I'm an experienced FS user so I know a/c don't always land on the rws we want them to, but...

Have you tried asking?  I normally use the vectors I receive, but I've always been granted requests for others.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:00:05 pm »
Hi

In 99 % of the time (if it is still like that) aircrafts use 14 and 16 for landing (sometimes 28) and 16 and 28 for takeoff. They almost never use all the other 3 runways. Even if the winds are blowing in other directions they are normally not so heavy which means that those runways are normally "available".

harpsi

Rwy 34 is used early in the morning.  At this time of the day, the heavies from Asia and South Africa are arriving.  Live LSZH traffic can be observed here:  http://radar.zhaw.ch/radar.html

Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

global express

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:21:24 pm »
I'm talking about an FS issue here!

R/W 32 is closed for landing in the AF2 file but AI are still be directed to and land on R/W 32, when it should be R/W 34 when the wind is southerly.

Anyway.... problem was solved by reinstalling and going back to the original config. :P

global express

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 10:22:17 pm »
Have you tried asking?  I normally use the vectors I receive, but I've always been granted requests for others.

Not the problem - AI can't choose can they!

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 03:22:47 pm »
Hi

harpsi

Rwy 34 is used early in the morning.  At this time of the day, the heavies from Asia and South Africa are arriving.  Live LSZH traffic can be observed here:  http://radar.zhaw.ch/radar.html

Well, but the main configuration is the one observed in the afcad I did...

harpsi