Author Topic: Zurich Kloten compatibility with FlyLogic Swiss Pro Photoscenery  (Read 20201 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: Zurich Kloten compatibility with FlyLogic Swiss Pro Photoscenery
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 09:35:50 am »
Apart the bad frames

Are you talking about the frames of Swiss Pro or about ZurichX? Because the major improvement I see in the scenery from the others of cloud9 it is exactly the question of framerate. It is far far better now. Of course I have a very good machine to handle FS2004, but comparing it to other sceneries I have, even freeware, it is far better.

harpsi

TBauer

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 04:15:24 pm »
Hi

Really a great scenery, congratulations!

It is nice that you react so quickly and that you are working now on a patch. However I want to make you aware of the fact that there is a free programme out that allows to convert the summer textures of CH-Pro into other season textures (Fall, Winter, Hard Winter, Spring). And it looks great, see http://www.flugsimulation.ch/forum/showthread.php?t=55322. I tried your scenery with Fall and Hard Winter and it looks fantastic. The fall colors of the Zürich scenery are very close to the CH-Pro fall textures; and winter is fine anyway.Therefore I strongly reccommend you to not suppress the seasons of your Zürich scenery in that patch.

Thanks,
Thomas

RobdeVries

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 05:48:34 pm »
today I saw the announcement of v1.1...congrat's! However contrary to my expectations nothing was said or implied about the comatability with Flylogic's Swiss Pro. Could you give a status update?

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 06:01:51 pm »
Swiss Pro compatibility will be available very soon.

However, I would like to point out the scenery is already "compatibile", in the sense there are no particular problems using those together, except that they don't visually match too well, due to the washed out colors in Swiss Pro. Rather than talking about "compatibility" with Swiss Pro, we should say that an alternative set of texture will be supplied, to offer a better visual continuity, expecially during summer.

RobdeVries

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 01:10:00 pm »
Hi there,

Call it what you like... As shown in pics above your textures blend in with default textures and these are not compatible with Swiss Pro, leaving an ugly seam when installed with Swiss Pro. From the perpective of a default installation of your product as is, it's is not compatible visually, texture-wise with Swiss Pro.

However I do appreciate your effort to make an alternative set of textures to make your scenery blend seamlessly with Swiss Pro. And it's true your high res textures are gorgeous!

Rob

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 01:22:50 pm »
Hi there,

Call it what you like... As shown in pics above your textures blend in with default textures and these are not compatible with Swiss Pro, leaving an ugly seam when installed with Swiss Pro. From the perpective of a default installation of your product as is, it's is not compatible visually, texture-wise with Swiss Pro.

However I do appreciate your effort to make an alternative set of textures to make your scenery blend seamlessly with Swiss Pro. And it's true your high res textures are gorgeous!

Rob

Hi

Maybe it is better to talk in the opposite way. Swiss Pro has very coloured bad textures, so maybe would be more logical to adapt its textures to this scenery. However, since Swiss Pro is already done and it is too big, it is difficult to make it. There is no comparation between this scenery and for example France VFR sceneries or megasceneries USA which are far away better.

You should not treat this problem like something that the team must do, because the bad scenery comes from Swiss Pro... sorry to say. I don´t use it for myself.

To begin the "phrase" like you began "call it as you like" is seems that you are giving responsabilities to the team about what is happening with textures blending each other.

harpsi

RobdeVries

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 01:58:06 pm »
Hi Harpsi,

Thanks for sharing your opinion. However before sharing your opinion you should to read even more careful than you already did. Nowhere I my comments did I give any responsibility nor to the team who made Zurich nor to any one else. Also please do not read anything into words which has not actually being said. If you do so you are putting the responsibility for things being said on me, where I did not say anything of the kind and therefore you're doing the exact same thing you seems to read in my comments above.

All methodological stuff put aside. You are right, it's not the teams responsibility to make Swiss Pro better. However they are responsible for their own products. And to put it simple: they will reach a broader audience if they make Zurich 'compatible' with Swiss Pro. Why? Because although not the only, it's still the best photo scenery of Swiss around. Although you don't have it, their are a lot of simmers who actually do have it. So whether you like it or not, the team will potentially reach a broader client base when they make their product compatible with other products like photosceneries, mesh products, UTEUR etc.  And if you call it compatibility or visual consistency it really doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to see parts of default textures while flying in Swiss Pro.

Best,
Rob

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:01:26 pm by RobdeVries »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 05:22:02 pm »
Sorry for having edited the above post, I hit the wrong edit button, it wasn't my intention to speak as one of you...I apologize to BernhardS.

Correct post is here:

I don't think he said isn't usefult, but certainly it has colors quite different from reality. Here's how the terrain around the airport is, in real world:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24.msg110.html#msg110

As you can see, it matches pretty well what we have in our scenery. Swiss Pro is far too bright and some colors are burned and washed out, typical in photosceneries.

As a developer and user, I personally like much more a synthetic scenery over a photoscenery. The more the FS graphic engine becomes advanced in better simulating different light conditions and autogen, the best the synthetic scenery is comparing to any photoscenery. Forfeiting the subtle changes of lighting depending on time of the day, and seasonal changes, and autogen, for me, is too much to have photoscenery in exchange. ZurichX, for example, matches almost perfectly with Ultimate Terrain Europe, all roads, railroads and rivers  fits very nicely, and the scenery doesn't look out of place.

However, there's no need to worry: we'll supply a version of Zurich that will match the Swiss Pro colors. Everybody will be free to use whatever version he likes more.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:26:49 pm by virtuali »

RobdeVries

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 09:43:56 pm »
However, there's no need to worry: we'll supply a version of Zurich that will match the Swiss Pro colors. Everybody will be free to use whatever version he likes more.

No problem, no worries Umberto..I'll be looking forward to a seamless visual continuity between Zurich and Swiss Pro  ;D