Author Topic: Zurich Kloten compatibility with FlyLogic Swiss Pro Photoscenery  (Read 20194 times)

RobdeVries

Hello,

Congrats on releasing such a nice and detailed scenery. However as I run Flylogic's Swiss Pro photoscenery. I would like to know if your scenery is/will be compatible with the photoscenery?

Thanks in advance,
Rob de Vries

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich Kloten compatibility with FlyLogic Swiss Pro Photoscenery
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:47:11 pm »
I think there shouldn't be any problems. But, since we offer our products as Trial version, the best way for you to know would be trying it yourself on your system.

RobdeVries

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:36:43 pm »
Mmm..I expected a more informative answer, not this beating around the bush.

I don't understand what you mean. The whole point of having a Trial version is to allow users to check a scenery with their favorite combination of addons, and to assess the aeastetic results of such combination using their personal tastes. What might look a good combination to a user, might look bad to another one.

I don't anticipate specific problems but, if we get compatibility reports with any specific 3rd party addon ( not necessarily that one mentioned ), it would be worth considering specific fixes, if needed from our side.

To put it simple: is this scenery designed with photoscenery in mind.

It has been designed to be a fully compliant FS9 scenery, positioned at the right place, and with a very precise background that extends very little outside the airport perimeter, that is also using alpha blending to smoothly merge with the rest of the scenery, whatever scenery is underneath. That's why I said I don't anticipate big issues that would appears as bugs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:24:47 pm by virtuali »

Hugo Treffl

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 08:42:48 pm »
Mmm..I expected a more informative answer, not this beating around the bush. To put it simple: is this scenery designed with photoscenery in mind. Think about DREAM FACTORY STUDIO's GENEVA is made delibarately made with two install options available default and Swiss Pro photoscenery.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Ditto.

With best regards,
H.W.M aka Treffl

Silvan

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:30:38 pm »
I think this picture will answer all questions  ;)

Left to right: FSDT texture, default FS texture, Swiss Prof. Doesn`t looks so nice, perhabs it looks better if you deactivate the Zurich_terrain folder...

Regards

Silvan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36:39 pm »
Here's the real thing, from Airliners.net:

I think the colors of our scenery matches reality quite nicely. The photoscenery has the typical issue of many photo sceneries: too bright and washed out colors.

What should we do, in this case ? Trying to match reality or a photo scenery ?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 11:39:29 pm by virtuali »

BernhardS

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 11:54:18 pm »
Silvan,
don't deactivate zurich terrain folder, coz then you'll have some mesh problems around the airport. Rename just LC.bgl into lc.bgl.org in this folder and then it looks real nice.

Umberto,
the airport ground texture is made for the seasons. But CHPro is just summer! Which textures we have to deactivate to have only summer seasons as ground texture?

Bernhard Scharbert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:04:30 am »
the airport ground texture is made for the seasons. But CHPro is just summer! Which textures we have to deactivate to have only summer seasons as ground texture?

It would be tricky because, just removing textures, will not automatically made the scenery to "fallback" to the only one left. It would instead show grey polygons in the disabled seasons.

We might instead working on having an even smoother transition.

RobdeVries

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 12:04:48 am »
Unless Virtually makes a texture adaptation to make it fit with Flylogic Swiss Pro, I'm skipping this one. I had enough with all those user tweaks that are just not that...

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 12:23:07 am »
We had a quick discussion and the issue is:

Even by locking to the summer season, there wouldn't be a better match comparing to now, because our summer texture is really different from the one from Swiss Pro, their colors are far too bright.

So, we decided to create a separate official compatibility pack for Swiss Pro, that will feature a background expecially processed to match as closely as possible Swiss Pro colours, and with scenery locked to a single season, all with a proper installer.

Will be available very soon, together with other small fixes to the scenery we are doing (like a problem with rwy 14 DME)

RobdeVries

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 12:48:21 am »
Compliments, for the quick customer service!

Thanks!
Rob

Silvan

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 01:05:47 am »
The colour of your texture`s are beautiful and of course the realestic, no question about this. I wish all Swiss Prof textures looks so clear like yours (Apart the bad frames ;D).

Thank you Bernhard, I`ll try it. But I think to have only summer textures would be a little bit boring. But everyone has his own opinion ;)
I think the transition of the textures isn`t bad. Because when your taking off, you see only the sky or cloud`s. During approach you`ll should have your eyes on the beautiful runway and your instruments and not the ground between you and the airport  ;)

Nice to hear, that there will be an update available. Is there a chance that it will give some updates for the scenery itself? I still own only the Trial-Version and found some things that maybe need some corrections.
I`ll try to post them tommorow.

GN8 from Switzerland  ;)

Silvan

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 02:21:08 am »
FlyLogic Swiss Pro Photoscenery FS9 work in progress.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:51:37 am by Alessandro »

RobdeVries

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 01:38:06 pm »
Looks good to me!!!

Urs Wildermuth

• Beta tester
    • DANUR CFS
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 02:19:57 pm »
Hi all,

2 issues. Primarily, I would also like the mesh problems east of Runway 14 addressed, I happen to live on one of these cliffs  ;D they are just not there. What Kappa posted is nice tough.
Secondly, please be aware that most people also use this scenery (Swiss Pro I mean) on FS X, it will run there without any problem, so please make that pack available for FS X as well.

Otherwise, a great scenery. There are some small issues, but the main airport area is very nice indeed.

Best regards
Urs
Best regards
Urs