Author Topic: P3D v5  (Read 2458 times)

Michael1

P3D v5
« on: June 18, 2020, 01:17:16 am »
So I've encountered an interesting problem with GSX inP3D v5. I downloaded and installed simaddons CYYC airport scenery for P3D. I have simaddons CYYC scenery for FSX as well, but they are installed in different folders in the respective simulators. The problem is that GSX used the same .ini for both versions and I ended up torching all my jetways in the FSX version. How does GSX differentiate between two different platforms?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v5
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:29 am »
The problem is that GSX used the same .ini for both versions and I ended up torching all my jetways in the FSX version. How does GSX differentiate between two different platforms?

It doesn't. It differentiate different versions of the same airport based on the name of the AFCAD used because, most of the time, if a scenery needs to use different and incompatible AFCAD  files depending on the platform, they would use different names for it, which is also how ADE defaults to, the suggested name for a new project an the compiled AFCAD has different names depending on the target simulator.

I THINK you should be able to fix this, by placing the GSX .INI file in the scenery own folder, instead of %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, of course assuming the .INI file it's made for the matching AFCAD so, for example:

- If you have a .INI file which was made for the P3D version of the scenery AFCAD ( so it's not compatible with the FSX AFCAD, even if the name is the same ), move the GSX .INI file in the \scenery folder where the P3D version of the scenery is installed. MOVE it, not copy it, meaning you don't leave anything in the %APPDATA% folder.

- If you have two .INI files, one for FSX and one from P3D, move each one into the respective \scenery folder

- If you need to EDIT the .INI file, a new .INI file will be created with a random name in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX. This means, if you are editing it from P3D, you must move it AGAIN from %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX to the \scenery own folder in the P3D installation, the same for FSX. And, you must DELETE the previous .INI file, which would likely had a different random name.

Michael1

Re: P3D v5
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 05:50:07 pm »
Thank-you, fortunately the afcads for both airports are the same and despite a difference in elevation, which was easily dealt with, I can now basically amend GSX in both platforms. If I'd figured that out sooner, I would have only created an excl. file for CYYC and the same jetways would have settled into place after dealing with the elevation. Oh well, learning...