Author Topic: After Update: Couatl scripting engine crashes GSX (and P3D) **SOLVED**  (Read 7481 times)

disco79stu

I made an update through LiveUpdate today and after takeoff I got a P3D message telling me that I need to download the standalone version of the Addon Manager. It gave me an option to restart couatl which I did and resumed the flight. After landing, while taxiing to my gate, I got the message again, this time warning me that trying to restart couatl could crash P3D. Which it did (error ucrtbase.dll).

I tried to find the "Standalone Addon Manager" but on your website it tells me that it's not necessary anymore and there's only a version for FS9.

So where can I get the addon manager? And why did the update mess this up? I never hat any CTDs with GSX before. Any advice?

Thanks,
Stu
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:57:21 pm by virtuali »

disco79stu

Re: After Update: Addon Manager crashes GSX (and P3D)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 11:22:04 pm »
The error is reproducible. The URL shown only leads to a FS9 version of the addon manager:

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: After Update: Couatl scripting engine crashes GSX (and P3D)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 01:56:23 pm »
Click yes, then post the log file.
Captain Kevin

XCLTM3

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 04:08:06 am »
I made an update through LiveUpdate today and after takeoff I got a P3D message telling me that I need to download the standalone version of the Addon Manager. It gave me an option to restart couatl which I did and resumed the flight. After landing, while taxiing to my gate, I got the message again, this time warning me that trying to restart couatl could crash P3D. Which it did (error ucrtbase.dll).

I tried to find the "Standalone Addon Manager" but on your website it tells me that it's not necessary anymore and there's only a version for FS9.

So where can I get the addon manager? And why did the update mess this up? I never hat any CTDs with GSX before. Any advice?

Thanks,
Stu

I'm now getting the same error also. (I have run the updater almost a dozen times to see if this may resolve the issue of data lag etc)

Will post my log here.

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 12:31:44 pm »
Already discussed and answered in many other threads, last time here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22543.msg152231.html#msg152231

emsss78

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 02:50:25 pm »
Same thing just happened with me...everything was working perfectly until last night..just now I did an update and got this scripting error on P3D 4.5 HF2

Edit: I had version 2.6.0 installed, so I uninstalled it, re-downloaded version 2.8.0 from the website.

Deleted all folders related to GSX including the Addon Manager folder before re-installing GSX. Still the same error !!! I am not willing to re-install P3D as I just re-installed it 2 weeks ago.

I also notice that if I run addon manager after the crash it says: Couatl scripting hasn't started because it's blocked by an antivirus. This is not true coz I don't have any antivirus running also windows defender is turned off.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:37:49 pm by emsss78 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 01:27:07 am »
I also notice that if I run addon manager after the crash it says: Couatl scripting hasn't started because it's blocked by an antivirus. This is not true coz I don't have any antivirus running also windows defender is turned off.

The problem is confirmed to be solved by running the FSDT Live Update and restarting Windows.

[/quote]

RRVyper

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 01:35:00 am »
Confirmed. Just re-ran the update and it's working again. It appears QlmLicenseLib.dll was updated.

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 01:38:28 am »
Confirmed. Just re-ran the update and it's working again. It appears QlmLicenseLib.dll was updated.

No, it was downgraded to the previous version, because the new one won't work without a Windows restart ( depending on the system ), and we wanted to fix the problem as soon as possible, without having to look into possibly finding ways in the Updater to detect WHEN a Windows restart is required, without forcing everybody to restart if it's not needed at the same time, which might took a more complex analysis.

The previous version, of course, would work regardless of a restart, since it was already registered on the system so, until we might look at that, it will work for everybody.

RRVyper

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 01:44:51 am »
A restart did not help, in my case. Thanks for the quick fix.

Randy

Diego Madariaga

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 03:05:57 am »
Problem solved, restart pc and run live update. its works.

Regards!

XCLTM3

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 04:02:53 am »
Problem solved, restart pc and run live update. its works.

Regards!

Yes, same here too. Finally works again, thanks Umberto.
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

emsss78

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 07:51:38 am »
Just did an update and I confirm mine is working now and back to normal :)

luttes72

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2019, 07:08:59 am »

The problem is confirmed to be solved by running the FSDT Live Update and restarting Windows.

I have tried this at least 5 times, same result. I have attached my log but I have no idea where to look in this. Any other suggestions? Everything was working fine yesterday, do an update and now nothing gsx related works.

[/quote]

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: After Update: Couatl scripting engine crashes GSX (and P3D) **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2019, 11:34:13 pm »
 After last weeks issue with Live update that was fixed, I'm now getting it again. Ran live update last night and also a couple of times today with a PC reboot as well. Couatl stops working everytime.