Author Topic: GSX. A wish from me! Cleaning team!  (Read 8551 times)

pvj85

Re: GSX. A wish from me! Cleaning team!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 05:05:51 am »
All the following are planned for future updates:

- Cleaning team

- Water vehicle

- Lavatory vehicle

- GPUs

- Firetrucks

I remember a while back discussions on update for passengers to walk from the terminal. Will this be implemented in the near future?

Alot of gates for the CRJ, Q400, small and islands scenery airpots are just passengers walking from the terminal building with no buses.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 11:21:09 pm »
I remember a while back discussions on update for passengers to walk from the terminal. Will this be implemented in the near future? Alot of gates for the CRJ, Q400, small and islands scenery airpots are just passengers walking from the terminal building with no buses.

Yes, of course, this is planned too.

Keep in mind, it will be fairly complex for users to do that, because you simply cannot achieve this without editing passenger walking paths for each gate. Our software already has the basic functionality, which we used to create passenger walking inside terminals at KORD and LFSB, it's just we don't have an easy to use interface ( our tools work as custom plugins for 3ds max, so they are not the easiest to use )

pvj85

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 06:03:35 am »
I remember a while back discussions on update for passengers to walk from the terminal. Will this be implemented in the near future? Alot of gates for the CRJ, Q400, small and islands scenery airpots are just passengers walking from the terminal building with no buses.

Yes, of course, this is planned too.

Keep in mind, it will be fairly complex for users to do that, because you simply cannot achieve this without editing passenger walking paths for each gate. Our software already has the basic functionality, which we used to create passenger walking inside terminals at KORD and LFSB, it's just we don't have an easy to use interface ( our tools work as custom plugins for 3ds max, so they are not the easiest to use )

would it look something like this in an editing form?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 06:58:39 pm »

Yes, in a very simple case like the one you used, it might look like that. However, our software is way more complex and flexible, since we can define, for each path:

- The width of the path

- The kind of people that can use it ( passenger, crew, pilots, both, etc. )

- The people density in relationship to the passenger density settings in GSX

- It can be in 3d, with passenger climbing stairs, etc.

- If the path is one way only or is a loop

All of these features are used already in KORD and LFSB, so an editor for user should allow to edit all these features as well. And of course, customizing an airport this way will take A LOT of time.

pvj85

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 03:39:23 am »
would it be possible to release a "lite" version first or "beta version" so basically there would hard limits such as what you mentioned and then that would aid a full version once its advances and more feedback is given?

e.g. pilots and crew arrive still with Bus. passengers deboard and board via a fixed width. Path could be edited like the quick push back where you can define quickly a terminal walking path. And density would be fixed initially.

regardless I am looking very forward to whenever this feature comes available.

Yes, in a very simple case like the one you used, it might look like that. However, our software is way more complex and flexible, since we can define, for each path:

- The width of the path

- The kind of people that can use it ( passenger, crew, pilots, both, etc. )

- The people density in relationship to the passenger density settings in GSX

- It can be in 3d, with passenger climbing stairs, etc.

- If the path is one way only or is a loop

All of these features are used already in KORD and LFSB, so an editor for user should allow to edit all these features as well. And of course, customizing an airport this way will take A LOT of time.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:57:16 am by pvj85 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 10:19:00 pm »
would it be possible to release a "lite" version first or "beta version" so basically there would hard limits such as what you mentioned and then that would aid a full version once its advances and more feedback is given?

Sorry, no. We'll do it once, properly.

regardless I am looking very forward to whenever this feature comes available.

We have some new features coming up shortly. There are no plans to stop adding new features to GSX, don't worry.

pvj85

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2020, 01:35:21 pm »
ok great to hear. Assuming gate to gate and moving around the airfield might be coming :)

With the apron boarding and deboarding, I know some of the complications might be when the ground scenery is a staircase to the terminal or a ramp up or down. Would this be something that can be managed by users to change or would it just be a straight level path?