Author Topic: a KJFK approach  (Read 7643 times)

chucky

a KJFK approach
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:29:41 am »
Here's some shots of mine from a while back from a flight that I really enjoyed.  As far as I know, Northwest has never flown B753s into JFK, but I don't see why that should stop me.   ;D

chucky

Re: a KJFK approach
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:36:06 am »
A few more from the same flight.

JFKpilot

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 06:24:20 am »
Absolutely GORGEOUS shots! Really like 753s. Thanks for sharing!
What photoscenery is that BTW? Looks impressive.
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

chucky

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 06:29:27 am »
Absolutely GORGEOUS shots! Really like 753s. Thanks for sharing!
What photoscenery is that BTW? Looks impressive.

Thanks!  It's MegaSceneryEarth.  In general, it's really hit-and-miss, I find, but Long Island is quite good quality.

skydriver

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 06:53:06 am »
i love the one with the landing gear ;) ;)

Core i7 860 @2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3 2000mhz, EVGA GTX 280 1GB, ASUS P7P55D MB, Win 7 64bit, 22" @ 1600x1200

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:17:35 am »
Nicely done. Very good rendition of Long Island indeed!

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 07:02:12 am »
If you don't mind, what are your specifications for your computer?  I just recently bought a new computer and I've been seriously thinking about making the switch over to FSX, or at least installing it and trying some things out.

Anyways, those are some amazing shots you have there!

chucky

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 03:30:39 pm »
If you don't mind, what are your specifications for your computer?  I just recently bought a new computer and I've been seriously thinking about making the switch over to FSX, or at least installing it and trying some things out.

Anyways, those are some amazing shots you have there!

I have a Core 2 Duo E6850 (2 cores, 3GHz), 4GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA 8800GTS.  I lock my frames at 18fps, and in the tubeliners (PMDG, Level-D, CaptainSim) I get about 15fps (sometimes under 10 when taxiing at the biggest airports).  I have to be judicious in my settings - I've found that surrounding my big airports with photoscenery and turning down the autogen when I fly airliners helps, for example, while I can turn the settings back up when I fly low-and-slow GA.  My machine runs FSX acceptably for me, but it isn't really a fast system by today's standards, so if you have a new one I assume it's better able to handle FSX than mine.  My recommendation would be to pick up a copy of FSX - you can find copies of it on Amazon and elsewhere for cheaper than the price of an FSDT scenery! - and give it a whirl.

Be careful with the compliments though - I might be tempted to post more!   ;)

SirIsaac726

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 08:25:06 pm »
Well, I do have a copy of it but the problem is wanting to spend money on it.  I've seen the pictures and I've played FSX with all default stuff and it is, in my opinion, terrible.  But I've also seen screenshots with photoscenery and GEX and UTX and REX and those kinds of addons and it looks superb.  So the trick is convincing myself to buy the addons so that when I do install it, the visuals will be excellent.

And after hearing that, I am convinced even more to install it.  I have a Quad Core and 4 GB of Ram and a higher graphics card (forget which one but it is of the 9000 series).