Author Topic: Addon Manager graphics settings.  (Read 3899 times)

HiFlyer

Addon Manager graphics settings.
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:17 pm »
Just purchased several of your airports and noticed some interesting settings to be saved to the FSX default configuration by the Addon manager........

Wondering how you arrived at those settings and what some of the more obscure ones do. Also, I am curious if they are also appropriate and optimized for Vista and i7 cores as well.

Thanx!
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager graphics settings.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »
Note that those settings are not related to our sceneries: it's just a free FSX.CFG tweaker included for your own convenience, that will just save you from having to manually edit the FSX.CFG file.

I guess that, with the i7 you might want to try several settings of the CPU AffinityMask, 15 means 4 cores are used by FSX.

A setting that might be worth playing with, if you have lots of video RAM, is the PoolSize setting, usually, an higher value (like 100MB or so) with an 1GB card, might results in a smoother flight.

Other settings are discussed here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/05/15/new-tweaks-in-sp1.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/06/01/fsx-tweak-of-the-week-or-2.aspx

The only tweak that is relevant to our sceneries only, is the Anti PopUp value. If you have a fast PC, if you increase this value, you can multiply by that number, the default range of all objects as programmed in the scenery. So, for example, if an object has a default range of 0.4 nm, and you set the Anti PopUp to 5.0, that object will now display at 2.0 nm instead.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:18:46 pm by virtuali »

HiFlyer

Re: Addon Manager graphics settings.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:03:04 pm »
Thank you for the reply! I am playing with the settings to see what works best.

I purchased 4 of your scenery's because of the discount, and I am liking them a lot! Too bad I did not grab them all!  :)
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor