Author Topic: Virtuali - Question: What causes this... ?  (Read 4740 times)

JamesChams

Virtuali - Question: What causes this... ?
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:14:54 am »
Virtuali,

what causes this...  ???

:-[
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

Re: Virtuali - Question: What causes this... ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:47:19 pm »
James,I dont know if this info helps but I had that same thing when I had aicarriers2 and aicarriers1 installed at same time. Just this week I removed both and I havent noticed it all. Mine was not as noticeable as yours was though.

sundance70

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:04:07 pm »
Hi to all,

I was also wondering the same thing.  I have had this issue on multiple aircrafts and airports.  I thought it was a problem isolated to me. I will be curious to see what Umberto replies.

Thanks,

David
Asus P8P67 deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.8GHZ
2 x 4GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws
EVGA GTX 570 SC - Rev 296.10
ECO ALC Cool IT system
2 x 1TB Seagate HD drives 32Mo cache
Thermalake ToughPwr 1.2KW ATX PSU
22"+18.5" SAMSUNG
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Track IR 5
Saitek X-65F

crunk747

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:13:54 pm »
Yes the same will happen to me especially at JFK no matter what aircraft im in.  ???

Regards,
Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:30:53 pm »
James, does it happens when you exit from Slew mode ?

If yes, it depends on the fact the airplane has different ground contact points for the Slew mode and for the normal flight. When normal flight starts, the inertia system of the flight model also kicks in and, depending on the airplane flight model, it could suffer from those oscillations, because the inertia system has to stabilize when passing from the "Slew" contact point, to the normal contact points, that also take into account other things the Slew doesn't, like A/C balance and weight, wind, etc.

It's nothing related to the scenery, of course. Which is confirmed by the fact that you noticed it a different airports.

No idea if addons like AiCarriers might cause this, because I don't really know how they work.

JamesChams

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 04:29:27 am »
Gracie Virtuali!

I have never experienced it using the "Slew Mode" (as far as I know) but, I will make a few experiments... I do, however, see this on several sceneries and all the AICarriers models but, I assumed it was due to the motion of the carrier model on the waters (a form of "pitching deck").  Thus, I began to wonder if it was Landclass / terrain / scenery elevation "Correction" related; as I have FSGlobal, UTX - USA, Europe & Canada + All of Orbx's FTX AU Packages colliding and, the computer was updating their elevation information constantly, resulting in minor elevation corrections.  That was my "theory" and, since you are an expert in these issues, I thought that I would seek your wisdom first...

I have had this issue for a while but, until now, I never though to inquire as to wheather it was a landclass collision with sceneries; or, as you've indicated, something entirely different.  Finally, I just happend to read this review on AVSim, http://www.avsim.com/pages/0809/Aerosoft/AES.htm , and the author just happened to mention: "A bouncy A330 that I had to fix through trial and error" that it was aircraft related, as well.  So, I'll consult him, as well, to see if it is something that can be fixed in the aircraft.cfg files or, perhaps, it could be something (as Mr. "skimmer" mentioned above related to AICarrier module) that magnifies this effect in the game.  Either way, I have a better understanding of it and I thank you all for the time and info.

I'll see what I come up with... and post a solution, if it can be found; like I did for the Carriers Launch-Bar/Tailhook enabling and positional corrections in the Aircraft.cfg's, which makes Launches and Recoveries possible for all aircraft in FSX.

Thanks, again, & Ciao!  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:33:25 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams