Author Topic: A321 Enlarged Center Fuel Tank & Fuel Truck Not Departing **SOLVED**  (Read 2143 times)

mbscjohnp

As the stock Aerosoft A321's center fuel tank does not match the real world enlarged center fuel tank capable of a KJFK-KLAX flight with strong headwinds at FL340, as recommended in their forum, I modified the MCDU2 to maxfuelnumber 32.80 MT and the Fuel Planner Center Tank to accept 20,274 kg, with maxfuelonboard of 32,800 kg, maxusable fuel of 32,500 kg, and maxusablefuel of 8,585 gal.  This flight is now possible.

After reading the manual for the GSX Fuel Truck, I still must be doing something wrong, as the tanker will not leave from under the wing after fueling.

My steps are:  Create a Fuel Planner with pax, cargo, wind and wind speed for the KJFK-KLAX trip.  In the Options MCDU\Load and Fuel Page click "Load Sheet" and note (as example) 21.56 MT (21,560 kg).   In GSX call for the fuel truck.  

Upon arrival of the fuel truck, in the Option MCDU\Load and Fuel page, I click on "Fuel" and it starts to flash and the tanker has connected to the wing and fuel is being loaded both in the MCDU\Fuel and Load page and the Vehicle\Fuel and Payload page.  When the tanks are filled as requested, the truck will not unhook the connection and will not depart from under the wing.

If, after fuel truck arrives and I select Custom Refueling and the Aircraft\Fuel and Payload page opens, I click Cancel on this page, the tanker connects to the wing, a message provides the amount of fuel to be loaded in 8 seconds and GSX says Refueling Completed and the truck departs with no change in the fuel amount.

If someone has a suggestion, I would certainly appreciate a solution.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 07:50:20 am by virtuali »
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A321 Enlarged Center Fuel Tank & Fuel Truck Not Departing
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:35:48 am »
Upon arrival of the fuel truck, in the Option MCDU\Load and Fuel page, I click on "Fuel" and it starts to flash and the tanker has connected to the wing and fuel is being loaded both in the MCDU\Fuel and Load page and the Vehicle\Fuel and Payload page.  When the tanks are filled as requested, the truck will not unhook the connection and will not depart from under the wing.

If an airplane is set to use a custom fuel system ( the "Fuel/Cargo" option is disabled in the GSX aircraft configuration ), GSX will disconnect the fuel truck when the fuel quantity will stop to increase, meaning the airplane own custom refueling simulation has stopped refueling. So, if the truck is not disconnecting, the most likely explanation is the airplane is still refueling itself.

Have you noticed this problem *before* you made the change to the fuel quantity ?

If, after fuel truck arrives and I select Custom Refueling and the Aircraft\Fuel and Payload page opens, I click Cancel on this page, the tanker connects to the wing, a message provides the amount of fuel to be loaded in 8 seconds and GSX says Refueling Completed and the truck departs with no change in the fuel amount.

This if of course normal: you canceled the refueling, so the truck will go away.

However, this leads me to believe you don't have the plane setup to have a custom fuel system, because if that option is set correctly (and I believe all the Aerosoft Airbus are flagged as such in GSX by default), you are not supposed to see the GSX menu at all, not with the preset quantities and neither with the custom refueling option. When an airplane is set to use its own custom fuel system, that page will be skipped.

Since all Aerosoft Airbus by default come pre-configured in GSX to use their own fuel system, which is required, since they DO have a progressive fuel simulation, if you changed that option, it's likely you'll have issues, because now GSX will TRY to load the fuel by itself, and that might conflict with the airplane own custom refueling so, first thing to do, be sure you that option is correctly set ( "Fuel/Cargo" option in the GSX airplane configuration must be DISABLED).

mbscjohnp

Re: A321 Enlarged Center Fuel Tank & Fuel Truck Not Departing
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »
Umberto (Friend):  Expanding the center tank capacity had no adverse impact on GSX.  The fault of this problem was mine.

What trouble a small incorrect checkmark in a configuration will cause.  After removing it, as you suggested, and after the fuel truck was in position, clicking the flashing green fuel indicator in the Options MCDU/Load and Fuel page started the fueling to the desired 6,307 gals, 21,560 kg, to allow this flight from KJFK to KLAX, without running over the fuel truck, because it departed after filling the newly expanded center tank beyond its former capacity.  Thank you for all you do and so patiently fix our errors.  John
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.