Author Topic: Coualt Not Working **SOLVED**  (Read 3047 times)

Tino

Coualt Not Working **SOLVED**
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »
Good morning,

I'm not sure what happen recently but, my coualt suddenly decided to stop running. This causes FSDT airports to dissapear. I've tried running the update, no luck. Tried re-installing all my products from scratch to ensure it wasn't something on my end, no luck. Still no couatl. (I've ensured that my firewall is turned off, as well as added the program to the exceptions list).

Has there been an update recently that could affect this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:01:09 am by virtuali »

AZWildk4t

Re: Coualt Not Working
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:01:44 am »
Seems like several of us are having the same issue. Not sure what might have caused this. I am curious if you tried to launch Add-on Manager and see the airports in TRIAL mode. That's the issue I am having.

BTW: If you have any Flightbeam airports, I highly recommend you uninstall them and use their new installer. It no longer uses Add-on Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:45:41 pm »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Tino

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:33:05 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

I will try what you posted above and will report back.

Much appreciated.

wjmt

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 01:30:20 am »
Tino, my problem was solved by removing Trend Micron AV from my sytem.  Umberto recommends using MS defender.
ALL IS WELL AGAIN.

Tino

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 07:57:29 am »
Tino, my problem was solved by removing Trend Micron AV from my sytem.  Umberto recommends using MS defender.
ALL IS WELL AGAIN.

Unfortunately, I do not run any AV. Only windows defender. So I will test with what was mentioned and report back. Glad its working for you!

Tino

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:21:19 am »
2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Hi Umberto,

This solved my issue. Looks like VC++ was overwritten recently.

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 10:08:15 am »
Tino, my problem was solved by removing Trend Micron AV from my sytem.  Umberto recommends using MS defender. ALL IS WELL AGAIN.

Thank you, we submitted a false positive report to Trend Micro now.