Author Topic: unable to see under the addon menu the GSX and COUALT submenus.  (Read 7470 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: unable to see under the addon menu the GSX and COUALT submenus.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 09:02:12 pm »
YES im a SURE I unistalled all 6 versions and installed 6 versions.  I did notice when in my add/remove programs list, that there are other versions of VC++ 2008 2010and2012.   Do you see a problem leaving them in my system?

They are not required by our software. But, there was a bugged version of VC++ 2008 which made the 2005 version not working correctly and *that* one is required by the FSX Simconnect so, it's *possible* you might have to do the same for the other runtimes too.

I can buy the software again directly from the addon manager which is supposed to activate it immediately.

Please stop assuming your problem has something to do with activation, or ordering or anything like that!

Your problems is simply something in your system which is preventing our software to start, and it's entirely unrelated to anything based on the ordering or the activation.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:05:09 pm by virtuali »

wjmt

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 07:02:07 pm »
Good Day Umberto.  Today I googled VC++ updates and found a very good step by step how to from MS.  I uninstalled all VC++ from my PC.  I used their most current updates and SP1 for all VC++ 2008,2010,2012,2013,2015, both x86 and x64.  Simple and easy to do.  Reboot PC.  I then uninstalled all Virtuali FSDT programs again including SODE.  Reboot PC.  I used your website to install just GSX and KORD with my antivirus OFF.  Also ran the most current addon manager live update from your site.  Tested this with FSX running a MS boeing 737 at KORD.  Still unable to get out of Trial mode, and still no COUALT or GSX showing up under addon menu.

I see other users having this problem on the forum posts.  And I definitely excluded the ADDON manager folder in AV from Trend Micron.

Could this be a error in the Coualtaddons.ini file in the c:\users\wayne\appdata\roeming\virtuali file.  I can send you what I see in this file to see if all the parameters are set correctly.  I am not a programmer and don't know what should say coualt = disable or enable or whatever. 

I hope we can solve this issue for me and others.

Tino

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 07:11:14 pm »
I am also seeing this issue. No couatl or GSX in the menu. Did the exact same steps as well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:42:31 pm by virtuali »

wjmt

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 08:06:49 pm »
Tino,  Im sure an answer will eventually come.  The FSDTeam will solve this.  Keep the faith.

AZWildk4t

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 03:40:36 am »
Same issue for me. Did you see if your still in TRIAL mode?  That is my issue and I can't get it out of Trial Mode.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:42:17 pm by virtuali »

wjmt

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 12:10:15 pm »
yes I am also stuck in trial mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 09:43:54 pm »
yes I am also stuck in trial mode.

That's because, as you said in the other thread, your Couatl.exe has been corrupted in your system, since it's 3KB of lenght so, either you hard drive is defective, or the antivirus did that.

cstei255

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 09:28:32 pm »
Question - if we run the FSDT Live Updater will that bring our airports up to the latest version (vs. reinstalling - btw, I understand you may have suggested reinstalling for a different reason previously in this post).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 07:23:11 pm »
Question - if we run the FSDT Live Updater will that bring our airports up to the latest version (vs. reinstalling - btw, I understand you may have suggested reinstalling for a different reason previously in this post).

The Live Update will update *everything*, if you run it when the simulator is not running (sceneries cannot be updated while the sim is running), otherwise it will only update the Couatl python scripts, like GSX code, when it's being run from within the sim.