Author Topic: Question  (Read 9979 times)

jf5999

Question
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:07:20 am »
I purchased O'Hare for FS9 a few months ago and I was wondering if I get the FSX version free? This seems like standard practice with other scenery developers.

JamesChams

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:51:47 am »
Yes!

Its always been "Buy 1 FSX or FS9 version and get the other for free" with FSDT's sceneries.
Only exception is Greystone [FREEWARE] and made ONLY for FSX.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30:39 am »
I purchased O'Hare for FS9 a few months ago and I was wondering if I get the FSX version free? This seems like standard practice with other scenery developers.

Well, strictly speaking, it wasn't so standard practice until we started doing this, when we released Zurich...

As explained on the web site, all our products (except FSX only products, like Greystone and XPOI, of course) have an activation that is shared between FSX and FS9. In fact, there's no FS9 activation or FSX activation. The activation is for the *product* and is saved in Windows.

So, if you install the FSX Trial after having registered the FS9 version, the FSX version will be already act as a registered version, without the need to do anything.

Instead, if you want to use the FSX version on a different machine than the FS9 version, you simply install the FSX Trial on the new machine, and use the "Register Serial" feature to activate the Serial Number you already have on the new hardware. In this case, if you want to use FS9 on a PC and FSX on another one, it would use 2 of the 6 activations you have.

jf5999

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:58:13 pm »

Well, strictly speaking, it wasn't so standard practice until we started doing this, when we released Zurich...

As explained on the web site, all our products (except FSX only products, like Greystone and XPOI, of course) have an activation that is shared between FSX and FS9. In fact, there's no FS9 activation or FSX activation. The activation is for the *product* and is saved in Windows.

So, if you install the FSX Trial after having registered the FS9 version, the FSX version will be already act as a registered version, without the need to do anything.

Instead, if you want to use the FSX version on a different machine than the FS9 version, you simply install the FSX Trial on the new machine, and use the "Register Serial" feature to activate the Serial Number you already have on the new hardware. In this case, if you want to use FS9 on a PC and FSX on another one, it would use 2 of the 6 activations you have.

I have the FS9 version on a different computer. How do I locate the serial number?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
I have the FS9 version on a different computer. How do I locate the serial number?

In your email receipt.

jf5999

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 07:58:21 pm »

In your email receipt.

Is there another way of locating it from inside FS9's files or something? I purchased ORD a while ago and I can't locate the email.

Edit: I located the Key and activated the scenery but now I'm having a problem. The terminal buildings and tower aren't showing up. The cargo buildings, hangars, etc. are showing up though. Addon Manager says the scenery is active, and O'Hare is active in my scenery library. Any idea how to fix this?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:14:07 pm by jf5999 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:39:21 pm »
Is there another way of locating it from inside FS9's files or something? I purchased ORD a while ago and I can't locate the email.

As explained on Page 9 on the installation manual (fsdt_install_guide.pdf), and as explained on the stick thread in the general section here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

Esellerate has a web page that can be used to retrieve a copy of a lost email receipt.

Also, you can use the "Backup RegKey" option of the Addon Manager to create a backup .REG file that holds your Serial.

The terminal buildings and tower aren't showing up. The cargo buildings, hangars, etc. are showing up though. Addon Manager says the scenery is active, and O'Hare is active in my scenery library. Any idea how to fix this?

You need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, or the KLAS trial, because both will update your O'Hare to the latest version. Or, download O'Hare again. Whatever method you choose, it's the same, they'll all update your O'Hare scenery and fix the problem.

jf5999

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:28:50 pm »
Since I'm using O'Hare for FSX on a different computer that my FS9 O'Hare, I only downloaded O'Hare for FSX a few hours ago. So I think my addon manager is up to date.

Edit: I fixed the problem but I have a question. Is the AFCAD that comes with O'Hare Harpsi's latest AFCAD or is it the one that came with the package when it first came out? Note: I downloaded O'Hare a few hours ago.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:55:34 am by jf5999 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 01:41:28 am »
Is the AFCAD that comes with O'Hare Harpsi's latest AFCAD or is it the one that came with the package when it first came out?

It's surely not the one that came with the package, but is probably not the same as the one found in the forum because we usually take only the parkings and the airline codes from his files.

jf5999

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:02:13 am »
Is the AFCAD that comes with O'Hare Harpsi's latest AFCAD or is it the one that came with the package when it first came out?

It's surely not the one that came with the package, but is probably not the same as the one found in the forum because we usually take only the parkings and the airline codes from his files.

Does the AFCAD have the proper runways active?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 02:17:37 am »

What do you mean by "proper" ? If, by "proper" you mean like in the real world, no, you will not get that with any AFCAD, because the fligth sim ATC engine will never work exactly like in real word.

If, instead, by "proper" you mean using the star technique method to insert fake runways to force the ATC to allow crosswind runway operation, then yes, it's done like that.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:52:56 am by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 03:49:49 am »

What do you mean by "proper" ? If, by "proper" you mean like in the real world, no, you will not get that with any AFCAD, because the fligth sim ATC engine will work exactly like in real word.

If, instead, by "proper" you mean using the star technique method to insert fake runways to force the ATC to allow crosswind runway operation, then yes, it's done like that.

Virtuali -  :D ;D
Sometimes it hard not to LMAO when I read posts like this...  ;D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

jf5999

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:13:40 pm »

What do you mean by "proper" ? If, by "proper" you mean like in the real world, no, you will not get that with any AFCAD, because the fligth sim ATC engine will never work exactly like in real word.

Bad choice of words. I meant the star technique and I was also wonderfing if multiple runways are used for takeoff/landing.