Author Topic: HELP needed!! Don't see Gates and the Addon Manager  (Read 5816 times)

Young pilot

HELP needed!! Don't see Gates and the Addon Manager
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:36:41 pm »
Hi everyone

I've just tried FSDreamteam LSZH.
But nothing works!

I don't see any Gates and the runways looks like mud, not as normal runways.
And I don't see the Add on Manager in my FS Menu:

Please help, thanks!

Have a nice evening
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 09:51:20 pm by Young pilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP needed!! Don't see Gates and the Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:27:10 pm »
There are plenty of threads on the forum about not seeing the addon manager menu: if you searched the forum, you would probably found them.

However, check the following:

- Did you had any error or warning messages during installation ?

- Did you get a request to trust the Addon Manager module as soon as you started FSX the 1st time after you installed LSZH ? Have you replied "Yes" to both questions ?

- Can you check if the Addon Manager has been added to your DLL.XML file, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

- If you mistakenly replied "no" to any of the trust request you should have had, you can try resetting the request, by editing the FSX.CFG file, located at: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX. Look for ALL lines with a bglmanx.dll reference, and delete the WHOLE line. Save the file, then launch FSX again and check if you get the trust question. Obviously reply Yes to both questions.

Young pilot

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 03:22:33 pm »
Hello

It works now!
I've removed the scenery and installed it again, don't know why it works now.
But anyway, thanks for your help. I see now the gates and the Add on Manager.

Berger_msk

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:24:36 pm »
when i delete line concerned to bglmanx after i launch FSX it appears again in fsx.cfg
why?

p.s. i have the same scenery problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:20:29 pm »
when i delete line concerned to bglmanx after i launch FSX it appears again in fsx.cfg why?

The delete line solution, it's not the magical solution to have the problem fixed, and the presence of the line in the FSX.CFG it's just what it's supposed to happen. The module there it's just a way to record that you have (or haven't)  trusted the module, so it will not repeat the question each time you start FSX.

We ask to remove the line, only to make FSX forget what you have told it about trusting or not a specific module, and making the question again because, many users gets scared about the message that reccomends not to run the module, so the just reply "no", and of course the program would never run again.

If you don't see the scenery, please read my previous reply, and report back.