Author Topic: Unable to activate sceneries  (Read 4179 times)

kaspern83

Unable to activate sceneries
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:28:07 pm »
I have installed GSX, JFK, KIAD, KLAS, KDFW, KORD, CYVR and I am unable to activate any of them. I enter the product key and the box disappears but When I go back into addon manager it still says trial mode for all of them. This is for p3d V4. Addon manager is installed in d:/prepared v4/addon manager

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to activate sceneries
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:07:08 am »
Do you have the Couatl menu under the Addons menu ?

kaspern83

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 08:33:56 pm »
No I do not, just addon manager

samwheeler

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »
No I do not, just addon manager

Same for me except in V3

kaspern83

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 09:38:51 pm »
Do you have the Couatl menu under the Addons menu ?

I just reinstalled the addon manager and couatl is still not showing up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 12:26:11 pm »
The most common causes for this are:

- the antivirus has blocked the program because it has a bug. In this case, reinstall with the antivirus disable and configure it to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder (the one you installed into) from scanning.

- another product has corrupted your EXE.XML file under %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 . There’s a known issue in the current version of P3D V4 which results in no executables loaded if our EXE.XML is corrupted.

You can check if it’s corrupted, by opening it with Internet Explorer. If it’s corrupted, just delete it manually.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\EXE.XML

kaspern83

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »
The most common causes for this are:

- the antivirus has blocked the program because it has a bug. In this case, reinstall with the antivirus disable and configure it to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder (the one you installed into) from scanning.

- another product has corrupted your EXE.XML file under %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 . There’s a known issue in the current version of P3D V4 which results in no executables loaded if our EXE.XML is corrupted.

You can check if it’s corrupted, by opening it with Internet Explorer. If it’s corrupted, just delete it manually.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\EXE.XML

The exe.xml opens without any problems and it does not seem corrupted. I dont see anything about couatl in there though..

kaspern83

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »
OK i removed the exe.xml from the folder, now it couatl menu is showing up. Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:54 am »
OK i removed the exe.xml from the folder, now it couatl menu is showing up. Thank you

Which clearly shows it was corrupted. We believe LM will have this fixed in the next update, so other defective addons corrupting such files won't affect us anymore, since we don't use it, now.